CA Greetings from Toronto, Canada

BobaLou

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi everyone. This is my first foray into the "forum" world so hopefully I get it right :p. I have been a vegan for 6 years and did so for my health, the welfare of animals and to do my small bit for our environment. I have never regretted it and I'm fortunate enough to have my husband join me in this lifestyle. I want to help others take up the lifestyle as well (with as little struggle, fear and overwhelm as possible) so hopefully I will be able to lend a helping hand along the way both here and in the world at large. In doing so, I have been working on an idea for a course which I am currently calling, "Virgin Vegan to Vegan Champion - Tips and Tools to Support your Transition". I would love to talk to anyone who is just starting out and can help me with some research to see if I'm heading in the right direction.

I am a container gardener who loves to harvest fresh beans, tomatoes, Swiss Chard and peppers to add to our meals. If I've done this correctly, you should be able to see a pic of part of our garden.

That's it for now. I hope this post see you healthy and safe. Chat again soon, BobaLou

Attachments

• Side of Patio Jul 12_20.JPG
    Side of Patio Jul 12_20.JPG
    521.4 KB · Views: 13
Well now I'm shamed...that's just the garden I let stay in my head :rofl:
I can't even say "virgin vegan" ! Seriously, say that 7 times!
I don't know really. Everyone has a different way of starting off, and what they find helpful. It used to be easier before a hundred different ways to be "plant based" 🙄.
:welcome: Post threads and we can all brainstorm ideas! There are lots to explore here already!

Hi everyone. This is my first foray into the "forum" world so hopefully I get it right :p. I have been a vegan for 6 years and did so for my health, the welfare of animals and to do my small bit for our environment. I have never regretted it and I'm fortunate enough to have my husband join me in this lifestyle. I want to help others take up the lifestyle as well (with as little struggle, fear and overwhelm as possible) so hopefully I will be able to lend a helping hand along the way both here and in the world at large. In doing so, I have been working on an idea for a course which I am currently calling, "Virgin Vegan to Vegan Champion - Tips and Tools to Support your Transition". I would love to talk to anyone who is just starting out and can help me with some research to see if I'm heading in the right direction.

I am a container gardener who loves to harvest fresh beans, tomatoes, Swiss Chard and peppers to add to our meals. If I've done this correctly, you should be able to see a pic of part of our garden.

That's it for now. I hope this post see you healthy and safe. Chat again soon, BobaLou
Hi BobaLou :wave: and :welcome:

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
hello and welcome from just down the road and across the lake

I absolutely love your patio garden and am so jealous - my balcony faces north east and so there is just not enough sun to grow one here.

I admire your initiative and am not fond of the title. I suggest keeping it very simple and based on simple whole foods.

Looking forward to your input in the forum.

Emma JC

Reactions: Val
Yeah I don't care for the title "Virgin Vegan to Vegan Champion - Tips and Tools to Support your Transition".
There are just soooo many out there, you really need to narrow your niche. Seems like there's far most that 'transition' and few that maintain!

Reactions: Emma JC
Hi @BobaLou , my daughter lives in T O works at a health food store and her partner is in the music biz, they were in Hamilton for some time. Me and my wife live here in London's Old South.

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
Well now I'm shamed...that's just the garden I let stay in my head :rofl:
I can't even say "virgin vegan" ! Seriously, say that 7 times!
I don't know really. Everyone has a different way of starting off, and what they find helpful. It used to be easier before a hundred different ways to be "plant based" 🙄.
:welcome: Post threads and we can all brainstorm ideas! There are lots to explore here already!
Hi Silva. Thanks for the warm welcome and your insightful comments regarding my program - much appreciated. Glad you like our garden - it is a labour of love! Take care, BobaLou

hello and welcome from just down the road and across the lake

I absolutely love your patio garden and am so jealous - my balcony faces north east and so there is just not enough sun to grow one here.

I admire your initiative and am not fond of the title. I suggest keeping it very simple and based on simple whole foods.

Looking forward to your input in the forum.

Emma JC
Hi Emma. This little patio faced north and we only get a bit of sun in certain spots so I take full advantage where I can:). Thanks for your input - it all helps. All the best.

Reactions: Val and Emma JC