My Toxic Dad may be spiking my food.

Hashtag_Eevee

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I am very young and so my parents have slight right to control my choices, but spiking vegan food using non-vegan is just wrong, even to many non-vegans. I feel like I should not be too paranoid about my dad doing things like pouring dairy milk into the plant milk, but there is some evidence he may be doing this, and since about 2 months ago he stated that he wanted to pour scolding coffee on me, poured milk on me and told me to die/go kill myself due to me being vegan, for around 4 or 5 months now, I would not put it beneath him to spike my food. I am not a crazy fruitarian, pay attention to B12 and try not to force my opinions on others. What should I do, and can I still call myself vegan if I choose to eat possibly spiked foods? I have written something about this in a forum about vegan food being spiked.

Reactions: FlandersOD
I am very young and so my parents have slight right to control my choices, but spiking vegan food using non-vegan is just wrong, even to many non-vegans. I feel like I should not be too paranoid about my dad doing things like pouring dairy milk into the plant milk, but there is some evidence he may be doing this, and since about 2 months ago he stated that he wanted to pour scolding coffee on me, poured milk on me and told me to die/go kill myself due to me being vegan, for around 4 or 5 months now, I would not put it beneath him to spike my food. I am not a crazy fruitarian, pay attention to B12 and try not to force my opinions on others. What should I do, and can I still call myself vegan if I choose to eat possibly spiked foods? I have written something about this in a forum about vegan food being spiked.
This has nothing to do with you being vegan and everything to do with your father being out of control, and abusive.
Is your mother around?
A lot of parents have issues with their kids not wanting to eat how they do, to the point of punishing them. To threaten, or wish, actual harm is very worrisome.
Do you have anyone to confide in? Do you have reason to feel unsafe?
I wouldn't worry about calling yourself vegan as much as what he's capable of doing

Your father's behavior is, in fact, serious verbal abuse. This can't be allowed to continue.

UK child abuse hotline: Report abuse

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Sorry I think I should have been clear, he is not acting like this anymore, and there would be lots of repercussions if I told any adult in person about this that verge on unnecessary, but I plan to cut my dad off as soon as possible. Also, I posted this to ask whether I could call myself vegan, and I gave context, I did not want to get told to call child support hotlines, because I have considered it, actually done it before and get told by my friends to do it, but it did/does not help, if not made things worse. If I were to go to social services, most likely my life would fall apart even more, and I would not get treated well or placed with good carers. My mum had a horrible divorce and I guess she just wants her second family to stay together, and my dad is a bit toxic to her as well. However, there are worse things in the world and I would rather not tell social services about this because my life would become a nightmare. I prefer not to dwell on these depressing (inappropriate word choice?) facts and although this may seem very cold and unemotional, it is true. Back to my original question please, I feel really guilty about eating possibly spiked foods and honestly just want a justification.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Thanks for caring about my situation though, I am really grateful that people I have never met care about me.

Thanks for caring about my situation though, I am really grateful that people I have never met care about me.
You deserve to be cared about, and cared for!
Of course it's too hard for us to understand your situation. Your mum may be a victim herself,but quite frankly, she's your mum and needs to step up, not just move on for her own comfort.

As to you being vegan, one can only do what they're capable of, which comes under the guideline of
"The Vegan Society's formal definition is: "Veganism is a philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude—as far as is possible and practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives ..."

So yes, I would absolutely call you vegan--however, it doesn't seem like such a good idea for you to actually stand out as one now? I mean maybe just stay low and don't announce it, and eat or don't eat as best you can.

Please stay with us here, because we do care, and we do see you vegan!
I sincerely hope things go better for you, and please,please don't take risks in letting things go too far