My pet hate is …

I don't like the stereotype is that sex is just something men enjoy
Yeah... I also hate that. Everyone now-a-days, but men especially have a lot of pressure to be hypersexual. That it's somehow "manly" to have a high libido. I don't get that. It can also be very damaging.

And women sometimes, when they say no, won't be believed because it's assumed that women have to be modest or whatever and they are just playing hard-to-get. Ugh, what the hell. No means no. Always. And some women are very much into intimacy, it's not just a masculine trait. Being into intimacy shouldn't be something for women to be ashamed of.

Oh well... Gender is a social construct anyways.

I have been thinking about these things a lot in my life. I thought that my asexuality was somehow a result of being "suppressed" or "traumatised" or whatever. I was in an self-denial and tried to fit into the heteronormative nightmare.

Not hearing from once very close friends in months. Going from hanging out almost every day to basically being strangers and wondering what the heck happened. I don't care what those Facebook posts say about not needing to hang out with your friends all the time. At least once in a while would be nice at this point though.

Have I mentioned zip lock bags that don't work- on foods where you need a seal?
Cutting the top off to find both zips together on the same side, so no seal
They don't line up so won't seal
Or, the next time you open the bag it tears, like my 4 lb bag of wheat gluten :pout:
...and why do so many non food items come in zip lock bags? Does anyone really preserve a six pack of socks?

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
Waiting for someone to stop talking so I can get up, boil water for food, thinking the water would have been ready if you just let me go and then went into story telling mode. I won't even really be listening bc I'm just wondering when I can eat.

Waiting for someone to stop talking so I can get up, boil water for food, thinking the water would have been ready if you just let me go and then went into story telling mode. I won't even really be listening bc I'm just wondering when I can eat.
Something sort of similar.

Met up with my ol' coffee buddies for the first time in two years. One of the guys just Would Not Stop Talking. Good story teller - bad conversationalist.

Would it be really rude for me to put him on a timer.? So everyone gets a chance to tell their stories.

Reactions: KLS52

Met up with my ol' coffee buddies for the first time in two years. One of the guys just Would Not Stop Talking. Good story teller - bad conversationalist.

Would it be really rude for me to put him on a timer.? So everyone gets a chance to tell their stories.
Maybe because then they will never be able to finish their story.
I just would like a pause button cuz I was getting hangry.

Another pet peeve is waking up at 3am because its 30 degrees outside but the ac is on instead of the heat... instead of getting up and change it I try to fall back asleep but struggle because it's too cold. Even if I get up, it takes too long to warm up. I wake up at 5 so there's not much time to turn on the heat and be comfy.

I love that idea. But that’s probably because the older I get the less tolerant I become lol. Next time you schedule a meet up let everyone know in advance that they get ten minutes to start. And give a one minute warning after 9 minutes so they know to wrap it up. You can introduce the idea as sort of a joke so they don’t think you’re a total whack job…maybe mention that you didn’t get to hear from so and so and how interested you are in how they are doing. 😁

I love that idea. But that’s probably because the older I get the less tolerant I become lol. Next time you schedule a meet up let everyone know in advance that they get ten minutes to start. And give a one minute warning after 9 minutes so they know to wrap it up. You can introduce the idea as sort of a joke so they don’t think you’re a total whack job…maybe mention that you didn’t get to hear from so and so and how interested you are in how they are doing. 😁
I was thinking everyone should get a 3 minute turn. And I think everyone even the longest winded guy should see the utility.

Alas I'll probably never do it.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Trying to pretend vegan mac & cheese is as good as I remember my old baked mac and dairy cheese.
I do not need another recipe, or suggestion for one to try. I've tried soooo many. Healthy, regular way with vegan cheese I like. Something about it just doesn't convert to me. Like Amy's. Just no.,
I'm quite sure I'd hate dairy mac & cheese if I had it now, but dam, that memory! I loved mac & cheese!
and I love so many vegan cheeses!

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I hate when people use the argument for declawing is that it's better that they were declawed and adopted than euthanized.
But I chose not to really care too much about furniture. I'd rather the pet be happy and unharmed. I can live with a few scratch marks on a couch that no one sits on until company is over.. You might as well just keep it covered until it's being used.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
When I try to get some sleep before work but I end up just laying there with my eyes closed.
Did get about 30 minutes tho

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
Hate that it's hard to ask for help bc of the risk of the other person making you feel dumber than the average idiot.
Some things just don't click for me.

waking up 30 minutes before the alarm goes off
Finally falling back to sleep around 4 am, going into a REM/dream sleep and having Joon wake me up so I don’t wake up feeling rested. 😞 Happens every time which is why I just often just stay awake and don’t bother going back to sleep.

Finally falling back to sleep around 4 am, going into a REM/dream sleep and having Joon wake me up so I don’t wake up feeling rested. 😞 Happens every time which is why I just often just stay awake and don’t bother going back to sleep.
It's an awful feeling to wake up mode tired than before going to sleep. One time my guy woke me up for a boss fight on ark, since we all planned to do it, after his shower. I was feeling like a nap and he always takes such long showers - 30 minutes at least. When he woke me up I felt so dead, my head felt awful. But I had to do it, since it was the plan. I did live through it, one of our team mates didn't.
my sleep is ok now, just needed sleep deprivation to beat me into submission first.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52