My dream

happyanimal954

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Flexitarian
I normally love my dreams because they’re an escape from reality, but recently I’ve started to hate them. Last night, I had a dream about confessing to my parents that I want to go vegan, and they both said yes! It might be strange for me to hate that dream, but I want to go vegan in real life, and I don’t know if I’ll be as successful in real life.

We went to this random dream-generated city (it has a big lake and is a summery place) and we went to this nice vegan restaurant where my parents deliberately wanted to go there, for me. And there was even an underground train that took you to the mall, which had like 50 vegan restaurants! I was very sad when I woke up. Hopefully one day I’ll go vegan.

Maybe it's time to talk to your parents. They might be okay with you going vegan. It sounds like your mom would be at least, if I am remembering correctly from another thread.

I don't know what you are complaining about. My dreams are usually something along the lines of me just discovering that I have a final exam in a class that I didn't realize I had signed up for. And the final exam is tomorrow!

I don't know what you are complaining about. My dreams are usually something along the lines of me just discovering that I have a final exam in a class that I didn't realize I had signed up for. And the final exam is tomorrow!

I wasn’t complaining, I was just a bit sad because I know it will be harder to confess in real life. Sorry, I’m autistic aswell so I find it difficult to explain things, especially if it’s a dream.

I think that your life is your own and you should feel confident in the decisions you make based on your big picture goals. If going vegan is something you want to try, by all means, give it a shot. And know that not everyone is successful at their first attempt at something. You may find that it's not for you after all as not everything is for everyone. It's your body, it's your life, you get one chance to live it the way you want. Don't be afraid to try new things :)

I don't know what a flexitarian is. I think most people go vegan in stages. Become veggie and then when you are comfortable with that, and your family have accepted that you are serious, then progress to being vegan. Try to get some good cookery books that your mum and you can use together.

I dreamt that I was at a nice cafe I know that does vegan food, and the chef had taken all the vegan stuff off the menu because cooking it bored him. We hope to go again next week, fingers crossed it was just a dream.

@Sally

A flexitarian is a hard thing to define. It just recently showed up in the dictionary.

Here is some useful info.
"Today’s word of the day at Dictionary.com is flexitarian. It’s a relatively new word, a portmanteau (remember that word of the day?) created by combining the words “flexible” and “vegetarian”. It was first recorded in 1990 and is defined as a person whose diet is mostly vegetarian but sometimes includes meat, fish, or poultry, or it is also a term relating to flexitarians or their diet: a flexitarian cookbook."
-https://katmyrman.com/2018/06/29/flexitarian-fridays-word-of-the-day/

One of my favorite food authors, Michael Pollan wrote (or made popular) a haiku which I think helps explain the concept of the flexitarian.
“Eat food.
Not too much.
Mostly plants.”

It just recently showed up in the dictionary.

Careful Lou. You are showing your age here. You seriously think 1990 is recent? The millennials are today’s movers and shakers and many of them have absolutely no memory of 1990. ;)

Roger.