My 16 year old cat

I had to keep her at the vet to have a heart scan as the vet said her heart murmur is worse. He said her eyesight was quite limited but he wasn't sure if it was related. He is taking her blood pressure too.

Poor mite. I hope that she is as comfortable as possible.:hug:

^ Thanks.xx

I was really worried today as she was at the vet for most of the day but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The heart scan showed what they thought was a small clot but it was too small to worry about at that size so she is going to be on aspirin tablets as a precaution. Her eyes have some sight and there wasn't any infection there and her blood pressure was also fine. I have to keep taking her in monthly so they can monitor her blood pressure and her heart. She was devouring her food when she got in and is now taking a nap.:cat:

I'm checking up on everyone...how's your cat doing?

I have an appointment tomorrow but I think she has lost some weight since I brought her in last and I'm wondering if the aspirin I'm giving her might be aggravating her stomach. I'm hoping her heart and blood pressure will be better than last time.

^ I thought it was weird too but it has to be prescribed by a vet and monitored, she is only having one tablet every three days.

Thanks for asking. x She is fine and still taking a small amount of aspirin every three days. I have to take her back to the vet in early November just to check her heart again. She spends almost all day sleeping in her basket in the room upstairs and just gets up to be fed but she seems happy and content.

Reactions: KLS52
I'm looking at buying some of the waterproof blankets you get for babies as my cat keeps peeing on her bed. The vet said her bladder seemed fine so he doesn't think there is a problem there but maybe it is just her age.