TV & Film Movie Lounge

I watched a couple of Hallmark Christmas movies: Christmas Sail and 5 More Minutes. I enjoyed both. Katie Sackhoff was in Christmas Sail and I really like her. She was great in the Battlestar Galactica reboot , 24, and Longmire. I'll be watching more Christmas movies today/tonight. :)
Those two were good but not my favorites. I’m more into the lighthearted romcoms. I really liked Open by Christmas, Next Stop Christmas (filmed in our very own Essex/Chester and Essex Steam Train), the new Mrs. Miracle with Caroline Rhea replacing Doris Roberts. It was well done. You feel like Caroline is “replacing” Doris. I also liked You, Me and the Christmas Trees.

I’m looking forward to An Unexpected Christmas, the Christmas Contest and Christmas at Castle Hart. They look very light and upbeat. There are quite a few serious/drama type movies this year and while they have been well done, I don’t like tear jerkers for Christmas time.

• Friendly
  • Wow
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Those two were good but not my favorites. I’m more into the lighthearted romcoms. I really liked Open by Christmas, Next Stop Christmas (filmed in our very own Essex/Chester and Essex Steam Train), the new Mrs. Miracle with Caroline Rhea replacing Doris Roberts. It was well done. You feel like Caroline is “replacing” Doris. I also liked You, Me and the Christmas Trees.

I’m looking forward to An Unexpected Christmas, the Christmas Contest and Christmas at Castle Hart. They look very light and upbeat. There are quite a few serious/drama type movies this year and while they have been well done, I don’t like tear jerkers for Christmas time.
Oh, I loved Next Stop Christmas, too. I like both the lighthearted ones and the ones that aren't romcom-ish.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52

and it's not even Thanksgiving.

• Love
Reactions: KLS52
I’m watching the Man Who Invented Christmas…about Charles Dickens writing Scrooge. It’s so good! 😍

Edited to add: it’s on Hulu.

Last edited:
I LOVED THE MOVIE!! 😍

On to The 12 Pups of Christmas. Totally different genre lol but looks really cute.

Reactions: PTree15
I got some DVDs from the library. I watched 3 over the weekend.

the more recent A Star is Born
Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

I actually hadn't seen any of them before. And they were all great.

last night we watched The Holiday again (Diaz, Winslet, Law, Black) and loved it just as much the second time

we also watched The Half of It - fairly slow moving so my honey fell asleep again, I enjoyed it

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

last night we watched The Holiday again (Diaz, Winslet, Law, Black) and loved it just as much the second time

I started re-watching that again, too.

we also watched The Half of It - fairly slow moving so my honey fell asleep again, I enjoyed it

I thought that was really good too.
New twist to an old story. and a very satisfying ending.

Reactions: Emma JC

Emma JC
LOVE The Holiday! I will have to bust that one out. I have it on DVD. :)

Emma JC
I watched that yesterday too! So good!

Taking a break from hallmark. They keep showing the same few movies over and over. I don’t know why. They have so many! And the older ones are good.

I’m watching Fred Claus.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I want to watch Just Friends this year. :hug: :lol: I love that film. It is hilarious.

I watched My Christmas Inn last night.... bleh, it was pretty standard stuff and not particularily good.

I also watched All Together Now and it was the first time, since watching Neverland years ago, that I was sobbing out loud, so that makes it a great movie, in my books. So nice to see Carol Burnett and also Max Gail.

Emma JC

I watched My Christmas Inn last night.... bleh, it was pretty standard stuff and not particularily good.

I also watched All Together Now and it was the first time, since watching Neverland years ago, that I was sobbing out loud, so that makes it a great movie, in my books. So nice to see Carol Burnett and also Max Gail.

Emma JC
Which Neverland movie are you talking about?

Emma JC
Marley and Me made me sob.
I don't remember crying during Neverland.
I will put All Together Now on my list.