TV & Film Movie Lounge

Christmas Oranges…a little gut wrenching for me, being set in the 1900’s with orphans. But it was very good/touching with a nice ending. 😍🥲

darn it isn't on Netflix or Prime

we watched Christmas at Cartwrights last night - it was a little cheesy but good - I ordered a bunch of Christmas movies from the library so have about 7 or more to go...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52
we watched Christmas at Cartwrights last night

Cartwrights? Like at the Ponderosa?

Oh I just looked it up. Alcia Witt! I've had a crush on her since Law and Order. I feel she is underaated and undressed.

I'm not in a big hurry to watch anymore Christmas movies but I may watch it just for her.

Now where can I find it.

Reactions: Emma JC
I love Christmas at Cartwright‘s and I really like Alicia Witt. Some people don’t like her voice and the way she laughs but I think she’s adorable.

She was also really good in the movie called the Christmas list. I like her leading man in that one. 😍

I like Alicia Witt too. I did see a xmas film with her in a few years ago.

I watched a stupid horror film on Netflix last night. It started off quite well but then made no sense. I can't even remember the name of it!😆

I love Christmas at Cartwright‘s and I really like Alicia Witt. Some people don’t like her voice and the way she laughs but I think she’s adorable.

She was also really good in the movie called the Christmas list. I like her leading man in that one. 😍
I love Alicia Witt. I came up on her in Last Holiday and loved her in that one.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I fell in love with her when she appeared in an episode of the original Twin Peaks. She was in the original Dune, too but I can't remember her then. Maybe she was just a little girl then.

she was a little girl - she was Paul's sister Alia

we watched another movie from the library last night Northpole Open for Christmas with Dermot Mulroney and Lori Loughlin - it was fun and cute

Emma JC

tried to watch Cowboys last night and turned it off about 1/2 hour in as there was no joy and I can only take so much drama without joy

Then we watched another that I picked up at the library Last Christmas with Emilia Clark, Emma Thompson and Henry Golding - loved it and loved the premise of the movie which I have read a lot about a few years ago.

Emma JC

• Love
Reactions: Raven and KLS52
Watching yet another version of A Christmas Carol on Hulu. It’s really good. Different enough to not feel repetitious.

Edited to add: this may be my favorite one to date.

D2FCC13F-09C6-461D-8F5B-FE030B309EDB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
I love the Mrs. Miracle movies. The newest one with Caroline Rhea was also good. They did a good job not making it feel like Doris was being replaced.

I watched the trailer for Last Christmas. It looks good. I might pay the $1.99 on Amazon prime to watch it.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and Emma JC
last night we watched A Christmas Star - enjoyed it and one of the basic themes was "miracles happen when love is around, they are not based on hate" gotta love that idea!!

Emma JC

last night we watched A Christmas Star - enjoyed it and one of the basic themes was "miracles happen when love is around, they are not based on hate" gotta love that idea!!

Emma JC
Is that the one from 2015? I don’t think I’ve seen it. Hallmarks made one this year with the same title. It was a good one but different storyline.

I watched Mixtape on Netflix last night. Its a new Netflix original.

When a young girl accidentally destroys the mixtape that belonged to her mother, she sets out to track down each of the obscure songs on the cassette.

I've joked that a lot of the Netflix Orriginals are very derivative. I often picture in my mind Southparks version of the Netflix board room: How about a bunch of misfits doing a bank robbery? Green Light!

Despite the derivative nature in Netflix originals, and the predictably that is required in a Feel-Good movie I enjoyed this one throughout. There weren't any plot twists but there were enough feints to keep me guessing till almost all the way to the end.

there was even a couple of Laugh Out Loud moments. The film centers on three 12 year old social outcastes who join forces and become friends. (BTW, they are adorable) It takes place in 1999 and Y2K hysteria is in full swing. also I got to give kudos to the art, props, and wardrobe departments. Some of the choices in those departments were sort of obvious but only made 1999 more recognizable. Question: is Bev's vest the same one that Marty McFly wears in Back to The Future?

Also it appears that Bev's parents were punk rockers. I was never a punk rocker but for those who were this might be either extra enjoyable or maybe a little frustrating.

Another thing I liked about the movie is that it included a variety of themes.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Is that the one from 2015? I don’t think I’ve seen it. Hallmarks made one this year with the same title. It was a good one but different storyline.

yes, that's the one

Last night we watched Defending Santa with Dean Cain - it is one of the cheesy in so many ways movies that it is actually funny and okay - very polarized in the reviews either 10/10 or 2/10 little in between - I wouldn't pay for it but it was another fun one from the library

Emma JC