TV & Film Movie Lounge

sorry it is Finding Neverland - I have watched it tons of times which I never do with movies

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Oh, I remember that movie. I also wept like a baby after watching it. But I don't know why the movie made me react the way it did. I experienced the movie years ago and back then didn't have proper glasses. It would be interesting to watch it again now that I could actually see it.

last night we watched Christmas in the Heartland on Netflix - we really liked it (even he did) - it is from 2017 with Bo Derek etc - I saw the ending coming and thought that part was a bit cheesy and overdone however most of it was enjoyable for a Christmas movie

Emma JC

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
my honey watched Fat Man as his daughter recommended it and it was filmed in Ottawa and surrounding areas (which is my honey's hometown) - not really my cup of tea

Emma JC

I'm going to watch A Christmas Story and maybe Last Holiday when I decorate my tree tonight.

I can't see A Christmas Story anywhere but on iTunes - Last Holiday is on Netflix so will maybe watch that tonight also - my tree is about a foot tall and I leave the lights on it so it only takes about 10 minutes to decorate 🎄:rofl:

edit: I found it at my library so have asked for it to be put on hold for me, thanks for the idea

Emma JC

I can't see A Christmas Story anywhere but on iTunes - Last Holiday is on Netflix so will maybe watch that tonight also - my tree is about a foot tall and I leave the lights on it so it only takes about 10 minutes to decorate 🎄:rofl:

edit: I found it at my library so have asked for it to be put on hold for me, thanks for the idea

Emma JC
LOL on the tree! And you're welcome. I own both movies on DVD, so I'll watch them that way. A Christmas Story is tied for It's a Wonderful Life as my favorite Christmas movies. I also have watched Bridget Jones's Diary (love this one so much), and Die Hard (I consider this a Christmas movie). Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is on TV tonight, so I probably will watch that before I put the movies on. :)

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
I've watched Christmas Story far too many times! Based in Cleveland, and they really did the downtown stores very well! My mother didn't drive so we took the bus downtown for shopping and I went to see santa in the Higbees (or Halles? Mays?) snow covered mountain with the slide. The snowflake forest... Mr Jingleing :).

Watching Hatchi: a dogs tale now.

I might be the only person who doesn’t like A Christmas Story.
:hide:

😂
I'm not sure how I feel about Hatchi! I understand it was a true story that was based in Japan, and might be very different than the portrayal here, but the whole one master thing that led to the dog being homeless was just too sad. His family didn't even check on him for years!
I was left feeling sad and angry

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I'm not sure how I feel about Hatchi! I understand it was a true story that was based in Japan, and might be very different than the portrayal here, but the whole one master thing that led to the dog being homeless was just too sad. His family didn't even check on him for years!
I was left feeling sad and angry
Yes, I get that. It’s definitely conflicting. I thought it was good but not sure it’s something I would want to watch over and over. I found it terribly sad.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
Christmas Oranges…a little gut wrenching for me, being set in the 1900’s with orphans. But it was very good/touching with a nice ending. 😍🥲