TV & Film Movie Lounge

Just finished watching "Hours" a 2013 film starring Paul Walker that was released after he died. I found this DVD at the library bookstore for 50 cents and it was well worth it. Pretty good movie about hurricane Katrina's aftermath and a father desperately trying to keep his premature infant daughter alive after the power goes out and the hospital is evacuated leaving him and the baby behind. Probably not that realistic but not many action movies are!

We've had them virtually all year around so I'm sort of Christmass out. it's far too early to have Christmas themed films and cooking shows at the beginning of November. :worried:
Yeah a lot of people feel that way but I only saw a few during Christmas in July so I’m good to go. Once Halloween is over I’m in full Christmas mode. Autumn, Thanksgiving and Christmas go together for me. It’s like one big long holiday season. I don’t decorate until the weekend before thanksgiving though. But I’m cool with movies and music.

Reactions: PTree15
I watched "The Polar Express" for the first time last night. I don't usually watch Christmas movies but this was so beautiful and sweet! I don't know why I never saw it before!
I love the music, especially When Christmas Comes to Town and Believe. 😍😍😍

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I saw that film/movie.
I wasn’t sure how I would like it since the original Mrs. Miracle, Doris Roberts, passed away. But this was excellent. It was done so well without it feeling like she was being “replaced”.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I watched Love Hard last night, a Christmas based RomCom.

It was predictable and formalistic. Despite all that I still liked it. :)

One thing that stuck out was the soundtrack was really excellent.

The moral message was very explicit but it was still a very good one, and seems like one that is worth reminding people of on a regular basis. And although topical in the era of dating apps, its still universal as its also part of every Jane Austen*.

The acting was pretty good. The scenery and sets were good.

The writers did a good job of moving the story along. the story is character based and the character development (both kinds) was great. (one is where you get to understand the character, two is when the characters learns and changes).

There were a couple of gags that got a LOL from me. there were a few touching moments, too. I especially like the pop culture references.

Although the ending was apparent immediately - how they got there had a little twist and turn. Tho predictable, I really liked the ending.

*Jane Austen Understood Deception and Discovery in Love

• Love
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
Isn't that a subscription - I think there is a free trial - you going to subscribe or just try a sample?

we did the free trial however it is just until the 14th of the month... so now we are watching For All Mankind - it is interesting but more 'his' thing than mine so I just read a bit and watch a bit - I do like the way they include real people in it

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I watched Love Hard last night, a Christmas based RomCom.

It was predictable and formalistic. Despite all that I still liked it. :)

One thing that stuck out was the soundtrack was really excellent.

The moral message was very explicit but it was still a very good one, and seems like one that is worth reminding people of on a regular basis. And although topical in the era of dating apps, its still universal as its also part of every Jane Austen*.

The acting was pretty good. The scenery and sets were good.

The writers did a good job of moving the story along. the story is character based and the character development (both kinds) was great. (one is where you get to understand the character, two is when the characters learns and changes).

There were a couple of gags that got a LOL from me. there were a few touching moments, too. I especially like the pop culture references.

Although the ending was apparent immediately - how they got there had a little twist and turn. Tho predictable, I really liked the ending.

*Jane Austen Understood Deception and Discovery in Love

we watched this also the other night and enjoyed it

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com