TV & Film Movie Lounge

My brother did get us tickets to see No Time to Die. I haven't seen Spectre but I just told him to give me the general gist before we see the new film.

Reactions: Emma JC
I watched the Netflix film the Guilty.
Although interesting, I can't recommend it.
However to be fair it got some good reviews.

It joins the ranks of films that take place in just one room. And this one even has very few characters in the room. Although there are at least that many on the phone.

Its a remake of a very well thought of Danish film of the same name. (which I haven't seen)

I figured out the ending about 3/4 of the way thru but there were lots of bread crumbs so maybe that was intentional by the writers. But then once I figured it out I just wanted the movie to hurry up and end.

Writing and directing-wise this is a tough one to pull off. I don't think they quite succeeded.

• Informative
How funny…I just watched it today. My general overall review is, it was good. But throughout the movie I kept waffling between, this looks like it could be good, to hmmm, it’s a little boring, to I’m not sure I like this main character, to oh, I’m liking it more, to I don’t think I like where it’s going, to this is clever and well done, to I’m a little mad/annoyed. 😂 This is the review I gave my daughter because she loves jake gyllenhall and is going to watch it. I didn’t want to give away any spoilers. I think she will like it a lot. I’m curious to see what she thinks.

• Informative
I also watched Till Death. It was pretty good too.
I liked it too. but I have a huge crush on Megan.

One question and one comment that are spoilers

Q1.
Was there a reason shown that she couldn't have just grabbed her boyfriends car keys and escaped in his car. The easy answer is that the bad guy's car was blocking the road. but then she tries to escape in her car which is even more blocked in.

comment.
I didn't watch the previews before hand - but I did just now. I realize with this kind of movie its hard to make a preview that doesn't give too much away but this one was ridiculous. But anyway in one of the promotional pictures it shows Megan on the ice next to a hole with someone in it. that soft of gives away the whole ending.

In answer to question 1, I don’t think so. But I tend to not notice details. I’m usually too wrapped up in the suspense aspect. But it’s a good question.

Number 2, I don’t know about it giving away the ending…maybe it’s hindsight making you think that. I watched the preview first and hit play before it was done so didn’t see that particular scene.

Number 2, I don’t know about it giving away the ending…maybe it’s hindsight making you think that. I watched the preview first and hit play before it was done so didn’t see that particular scene.
I didn't watch the preview first but it was actually in one of the promotional photos. Oh, heck. its like the cover of the DVD.

click on the link to see the dvd cover art.

Reactions: KLS52
Since I didn't want to think much last night I re-watched Eagle Eye. Having seen it before the plot twist was not surprising. But still lots of good action. And lots of good actors.

One thing I noticed during the rewatch the hadn't occurred to me before is......

if the thing was so unconcerned with collateral damage AND could control drones, it could have made the movie an hour or two shorter buy just sending a missile into the capital building.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I watched Mars Attacks last night. Highly recommend.
It is a 25 year old film. At first I figured I must have seen it but it might be worth a rewatch.
But as the movie unfolded I became more sure that I had never seen it before. After the movie, I read the IMDB info and it came out around Christmas time. So I may have been too busy to see it in the theaters and maybe never got around to renting it when the DVD came out.
It also got some mixed reviews. So maybe I just decided to skip it. Tho, its exactly the kind of movie that I like so I don't know.....
Some of the mixed reviews might have been because there were some Production Issues and budget problems. the final movie was not the movie that Tim Burton wanted to make.
I thought it was great. And although they may have cut corners in F/X and stuff - it's a parody of 50s films so that works out fine. The low budget F/X feels appropriate.
The best thing about the movie might be the cast. I would like to just copy and paste the cast list here but I can't find one that is copy friendly. but just look it up. It's amazing. The thing about the cast is that its not just a lot of cameos. A lot of these actors have big roles.
Ack, ack, ack.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
The fact that it’s a comedy probably means it’s not for me but the cast alone may tempt me to give it a try!

The fact that it’s a comedy probably means it’s not for me but the cast alone may tempt me to give it a try!
So many surprising funny bits in it. want to say Michael J. Fox is enough of a reason to see it. His last time appearing in a movie.
Was reading about the movie in IMDB. The writers didn't know what the Maritains should sound like so they wrote in the script, "Ack, Ack, ack" when ever they Martians talked. Figured they F/X sound guys would come up up with something. Somehow that ended up in the film.

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Luckily it’s on Netflix! Prime Video wants $3.99 to rent or $9.00 to buy.

• Agree
Reactions: Lou
I watched Mars Attacks last night. Highly recommend.
It is a 25 year old film. At first I figured I must have seen it but it might be worth a rewatch.
But as the movie unfolded I became more sure that I had never seen it before. After the movie, I read the IMDB info and it came out around Christmas time. So I may have been too busy to see it in the theaters and maybe never got around to renting it when the DVD came out.
It also got some mixed reviews. So maybe I just decided to skip it. Tho, its exactly the kind of movie that I like so I don't know.....
Some of the mixed reviews might have been because there were some Production Issues and budget problems. the final movie was not the movie that Tim Burton wanted to make.
I thought it was great. And although they may have cut corners in F/X and stuff - it's a parody of 50s films so that works out fine. The low budget F/X feels appropriate.
The best thing about the movie might be the cast. I would like to just copy and paste the cast list here but I can't find one that is copy friendly. but just look it up. It's amazing. The thing about the cast is that its not just a lot of cameos. A lot of these actors have big roles.
Ack, ack, ack.
I really liked that film! We saw that at the cinema when it came out. Very funny!