TV & Film Movie Lounge

Last edited:
I'd been looking forward to seeing Suburbicon since long before it hit theatres... finally rented the DVD last night... I was pretty disappointed. :|

STRONG recommendation for Evil Dead/Walking Dead fans with a sick sense of humor... I'm looking/typing in your general direction @Chryssie & @Jeremy and anyone else who's a fan of this type of sh*t.... :p

I was notified by Family Video (the location I don't like) that I could get a free rental & half-off all rentals for two weeks. I popped in there, went searching in new releases, stumbled upon something (one case on display, only two copies total, never heard of this flick) that had Steven Yeun on the cover. Now, some of you know that Glenn was my fave character on TWD... so I got it. :rolleyes:

What a shocking delight!! I expected this to be some sh*tty-looking, low-budget piece of crap... but, NO! This is a great never-heard-of flick! :D

And any TWD fans might recognize another alumnus in this. ;) (and the main chick was on Ash vs. Evil Dead)

Think Office Space with Raimi/Kubrick/Tarantino elements.... :weird:

So anyone who loathes "corporate" & thinks they might enjoy this sort of thing, I'd suggest watching Mayhem :up:

(It was filmed in Serbia, too!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA:

I now verrry much want Bruce Campbell & Steven Yeun to do something together.... C'mon, I'm from Michigan, of course I do!! :dance: :p

Last edited:
I love WD but, um...no thanks. This ones not for me, lol. :hide:

STRONG recommendation for Evil Dead/Walking Dead fans with a sick sense of humor... I'm looking/typing in your general direction @Chryssie & @Jeremy and anyone else who's a fan of this type of sh*t.... :p

I was notified by Family Video (the location I don't like) that I could get a free rental & half-off all rentals for two weeks. I popped in there, went searching in new releases, stumbled upon something (one case on display, only two copies total, never heard of this flick) that had Steven Yeun on the cover. Now, some of you know that Glenn was my fave character on TWD... so I got it. :rolleyes:

What a shocking delight!! I expected this to be some sh*tty-looking, low-budget piece of crap... but, NO! This is a great never-heard-of flick! :D

And any TWD fans might recognize another alumnus in this. ;) (and the main chick was on Ash vs. Evil Dead)

Think Office Space with Raimi/Kubrick/Tarantino elements.... :weird:

So anyone who loathes "corporate" & thinks they might enjoy this sort of thing, I'd suggest watching Mayhem :up:

(It was filmed in Serbia, too!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA:

I now verrry much want Bruce Campbell & Steven Yeun to do something together.... C'mon, I'm from Michigan, of course I do!! :dance: :p

I want Bruce Campbell to work with anybody and everybody, period... Because even something that would be complete **** otherwise, Bruce would make it GROOVY! Can you imagine how shitty Alien Apocalypse would have been without Bruce?

giphy.gif

As for the Steven Yeunn's movie, it looks like it might be fun, and definitely at least a little homage being paid to The Evil Dead.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Well, Jer took Mayhem over to his buddy's last night, per my request... he said it got three thumbs up (from him, Tom, & Josh).... :D

I have a short time left on my half-off at Family Video... rented Murder on the Orient Express (2017) - IMDb tonight (just out on DVD)... I was an Agatha Christie fan when I was a child, read the majority of her work before my late teens, and of course I saw the original film... so yes, I know "whodunit." ;)

Good movie, in all. Slows down a bit where one usually does. The cinematography stands out, though... visually stunning moments.

The free $1 rental to accompany this new release was was the "nearly new" The Comedian (2016) - IMDb (just started it tonight, will finish tomorrow)

Also, recently, I rented Detroit (2017) - IMDb and purchased Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017) - IMDb :up:

Rented & watched Darkest Hour this evening. :up:

I've always admired the wit of Churchill and Gary Oldman has been one of my absolute favorite actors for... well, cripes, since Sid and Nancy

And I must admit laughing my *** off at Oldman's Sid/Winston gestural connection, after all these years.... :p

Darkest+3.png

Darkest-Hour-trailer-Gary-Oldman-as-Churchill-1079761.jpg
:jump:

Last edited:
Rented & watched Darkest Hour this evening. :up:

I did the same. I loved the movie. The guy who did the prosthetics/makeup on Oldman deserves some sort of special Oscar or something.

Making the "V" sign with the palm facing inward apparently means "up your bum/up your arse."

Have finally watched „Black Panther“, and indeed, it was not bad ... for a superhero movie.

I have, however, to agree with the general criticism that the good people of Wakanda should work to get their procedures of Royal Succession to the same level of awesomeness as their vibranium-powered technology :D

Gary Oldman: F*cking FINALLY!! He was superb! As always.... <3

Very happy for Jordan Peele as well. First African American to even be nominated for Best Original Screenplay & he won it!! :jump:

Didn't watch... never do. Just saw those announcements on Twitter.

And while I have not yet seen Dunkirk, I'm gonna say that Baby Driver got friggin' robbed of the editing awards... that sh*t was truly brilliant. :cool:

Last edited:
First African American to even be nominated for Best Original Screenplay & he won it!!

Nope.

African-American filmmakers Suzanne de Passe for 1972's "Lady Sings the Blues", Spike Lee for 1989's “Do the Right Thing” and John Singleton for 1991's “Boyz n the Hood” were all previously nominated in the original script category.

But indeed, high time that there is a winner :starshower:

And while I have not yet seen Dunkirk, I'm gonna say that Baby Driver got friggin' robbed of the editing awards... that sh*t was truly brilliant. :cool:

Baby Driver > Dunkirk (as far as overall movie is concerned, IMO, haven't considered it regarding editing)

Nope.

African-American filmmakers Suzanne de Passe for 1972's "Lady Sings the Blues", Spike Lee for 1989's “Do the Right Thing” and John Singleton for 1991's “Boyz n the Hood” were all previously nominated in the original script category.

But indeed, high time that there is a winner :starshower:
Good to know! Never been an awards-follower.... but wow, it's been a long time! Last nom in '91?!? :wtf:

And I think Get Out was a much deserved win. It definitely was original... thankfully. Rented it twice, might even buy it.... :)