TV & Film Movie Lounge

Baby Driver > Dunkirk (as far as overall movie is concerned, IMO, haven't considered it regarding editing)
Really quite astounding when you know a bit of history about it.... It was planned from the get-go that the action, movement, everything be essentially choreographed to Baby's music. It was edited on set to make sure things were syncing up. Julian Slater worked in beats & bars instead of in frames. :p

We watched The Death of Stalin the other night. It was interesting, and probably not too far from the truth! Although it's a comedy, it's not for the faint-hearted. Also note that it's banned in Russia and three other former Soviet republics, so must have some qualities.

Rented Thor: Ragnarok last night, watched it, loved it, had to return it tonight.... RagnaROCKS IT!! Sooo much fun!! :D As far as "fun/humor" factor goes in the Marvel universe, this & Deadpool are definitely winners... but with different ratings. :p

I think the award (IMO) for favorite recent cameo has to go to Matt Damon early on (no credit, f*cking hilarious).... :lol:

Also, favorite recent clothing site-gag has to go to Banner wearing Stark's Duran Duran Rio T....:cool:

Reactions: PTree15
Yeah, it was fun and over the top and ok-ish ...

however ... :yuck:

I was really not a huge fan of that stupid idea that you can use your average and beloved AR-15 rifle to shoot dead a never-ending stream of immortal enemies ... that's maybe what your average high-school schooter believes...

2001: A Space Odyssey returns to theaters in 70mm for its 50th anniversary

DZys_c2XcAApEDn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy_T and PTree15
Rented Thor: Ragnarok last night, watched it, loved it, had to return it tonight.... RagnaROCKS IT!! Sooo much fun!! :D As far as "fun/humor" factor goes in the Marvel universe, this & Deadpool are definitely winners... but with different ratings. :p

I think the award (IMO) for favorite recent cameo has to go to Matt Damon early on (no credit, f*cking hilarious).... :lol:

Also, favorite recent clothing site-gag has to go to Banner wearing Stark's Duran Duran Rio T....:cool:
I loved that movie, too. So much fun!