TV & Film Movie Lounge

Probably not. It was terrible a book to movie transition! Surely he can't have been happy with it. o_O

I liked the first (and maybe second) Philip Pullman book but then I lost interest. I did tape The Golden Compass to watch but then I deleted it.
The third (The Amber Spyglass) is one of my favourite books ever and definitely the best of the trilogy. I would recommend ignoring the movie but re-reading the books :D

ET was on the telly. Amazing how you can have seen a film so many times growing up, but still get sad/excited etc throughout it.

Oh....I love love LOVED E.T. when I was a kid. I've not yet been able to watch it and not cry, both at the end but especially at that damn scene with the flower. Whew.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (American version). I liked the main (female) character a lot, but other than that I didn't really care for it. Or, at least, it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be given the hype and David Fincher as director. I haven't seen the original or read the book.

Has anyone else watched Mystery, Alaska (1999)?

Even if you hate hockey, it's such a fun film. Highly recommended.

I watched Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen last night, because I remembered the book from my childhood. I really wish I hadn't.

The last movie I watched was The Neverending Story. Hello childhood nostalgia! It felt very eighties but honestly it was still pretty magical, boyfriend hadn't seen it before and he got a kick out of it too. The Rockbiter was always my favourite as a kid and he was still awesome, and what 90's child didn't want to ride Falcor?

The last movie I watched was The Neverending Story. Hello childhood nostalgia! It felt very eighties but honestly it was still pretty magical, boyfriend hadn't seen it before and he got a kick out of it too. The Rockbiter was always my favourite as a kid and he was still awesome, and what 90's child didn't want to ride Falcor?

Now I have the theme song stuck in my head!!

Last movie I watched was Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. It wasn't too bad.

It was fun rewatching the original Alien movies immediately after watching Prometheus. Prometheus wasn't really the same type of monster/suspense movie as the Alien movies, it was all about the story. But if you enjoyed the Alien storyline then you will enjoy what Prometheus attempts to do (with amazing scenery/effects I might add). I'm looking forward to sequels, remakes, etc.

They've got a remake on the horizon btw. I believe it's currently in production.

They've got a remake on the horizon btw. I believe it's currently in production.

I heard about that! I'm always skeptical of remakes and expect them to be terrible but at the same time I'm interested. That movie was very much a product of its time, if they can keep the things that make it great and update the special effects and the music (oh god, the MUSIC. It's endearing and I love it but it's very very eighties) then I think it's worth doing. I hope they'll do a blend of practical effects and CGI rather than going the all fake all green screen route.