TV & Film Movie Lounge

I just watched a cute movie on Amazon called "The Underdogs" starring Snoop Dog. It was about a washed up football star who ends up coaching a youth football team for community service. Typical foul-mouthed, weed smoking, wise guy Snoop in an inspirational sports movie. Foul-mouthed wise guy kids too! Inspired by Snoop's IRL youth football league that he founded back in 2005.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I just watched "Oppenheimer" which is now streaming on Peacock. It was amazing! For a three hour long movie that you knew the outcome, it was exciting and built tension and was mesmerizing. The acting was phenomenal!

OMG last night we watched Strays.... talk about hilarious and crazy and very very crass - we haven't laughed so loud and long in a long time

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
We watched that a few nights ago. I was trying to read, but my hub put it on and I had to put my book down. omg. What, funny.

I watched the following film last night. The story and young actor Lucas Bond are both brilliant. Moreover, all of the scenes of the cottages, coast and surrounding countryside is where I often goes for walks when I'm in Sussex. In a way, it's my neck of woods:

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
We were looking for something to watch at the Airbnb at the weekend. I said about watching Strays as I know a few of you on here thought that was funny. Both my husband and my brother forgot to bring their firesticks! We watched the classic film Tremors in the end. I have seen it loads of times, but I really enjoyed watching it again.

Just watched Damsel on Netflix. Afterwards I checked out the reviews. The critics didn't like it much but it scored in the hight 70s with the audience on Rotten Tomatoes.
I liked it. After it was over and upon reflection there were a number of small plot holes but I found them easy to not care about.

although its probably predictable, I sort of fooled myself. I kind of convinced myself that it was going to go something like Enchanted Forest Chronicles, Dealing with Dragons by Wrede. So I ended up a little surprised by the ending. I did read that they ended up changing the ending in the movie - so maybe at some point it was going to go that way.

I watched The Forgiven last night. The storyline was interesting but somehow Ralph Fiennes and the splendid scenery
weren't enough to make this a memorable film.

''While driving to a party at a grand villa, a wealthy couple on the verge of divorce accidentally hit and kill a young Moroccan man who had been selling fossils on the roadside.''
1710053309608.png

I watched this yesterday and cried my eyes out at the end. It is supposed to be set near me, yet it was filmed in South Carolina because the give filming subsites and FL does not.
Oh! I put that on my list. Now I'm not so sure I want to watch it.
I think the other thing that South Carolina has going for it is its proximity to Atlanta which has become "Hollywood East".

I've never seen a Tyler Perry film but he does most of his filming in Georgia. I learned about that while I was watching Teenage Bounty Hunters, a film that is very much Atlanta. BTW, if you are looking for a light hearted romp - TBH, is a good TV show. I wish they made a second season.

Just watched Damsel on Netflix. Afterwards I checked out the reviews. The critics didn't like it much but it scored in the hight 70s with the audience on Rotten Tomatoes.
I liked it. After it was over and upon reflection there were a number of small plot holes but I found them easy to not care about.

Thanks, I was wondering whether to watch this or not. With you endorsing it, I will certainly give it a try :)

Have not watched it yet, but Ferrari is now available on Amazon Prime.

As I'm a big Adam Driver fan, I am looking forward to watching this.