TV & Film Movie Lounge

we watched Christmas Under Wraps last night and then one episode of Saving Hope so we were both happy - I am not sure that Christmas Under Wraps deserves its 6.2 IMDB rating - not terrible, not awesome, fair to middling

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I'm going to watch a new Hallmark Christmas movie tonight: A Not So Royal Christmas, as it stars Will Kemp, whom I loved in The Christmas Waltz and Jolly Good Christmas.

Reactions: Emma JC
we watched a Christmas movie on Prime last night that I don't even remember the name of and my honey said the cheesy factor was 7.5 - I tried to get Next Stop Christmas but it is on something we don't subscribe too so a bit sad about that

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
We are watching Leave the World Behind now. I hope it is good as I have read so many good reviews.

We are watching Leave the World Behind now. I hope it is good as I have read so many good reviews.
I started it but didn't get very far. I'm not a fan of foreshadowing. But let me know if you liked it.
I've heard that the ending is liked by only half the people who have watched it.

Watched 2 good Christmas movies this afternoon. "Christmas in Vermont" which had a predictable plot but was a good feel good film starring some familiar faces. Not a new movie. Then I watched "Merry Friggin' Christmas" which is also older. It was good. One of those family gets together plots. It starred Robin Williams and some other recognizable people.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I started it but didn't get very far. I'm not a fan of foreshadowing. But let me know if you liked it.
I've heard that the ending is liked by only half the people who have watched it.
We started it and stopped too. I don't get the hype!
The movie's name was Die Hard or Die Hard in London?
It was the original Die Hard. I didn't realised it was being re-released that weekend. I only booked tickets as it was my brother's birthday and it is his favourite film.

'Die Hard' Re-Release Domestic Box Office Goes Sky-High

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I just realised I'm in that picture I posted as my brother took it. :lol: My husband is the one with his head bent with glasses and I am next to him. My hair looks very dark in that light.

It was just as frustrating as the book. Only a few changes from the book. The biggest is Ruth was George's wife not his daughter.

I watched Retribution last night.
Just a very standard thriller. However, I watched it from start to finish in one sitting. Not taking a break is becoming a good indicator for how watchable a movie is. So often I take a break. and sometimes I take a day or more to get back to it.

The story may have been overcomplicated. There was at least one segment that seemed to serve no purpose. I was thinking later about analyzing the story to see what that segment did for the story - but I don't really care enough.

also from reading some reviews afterwards it was explained that it was the third remake of a Spanish film.

One reviewer called it Speed in a car.
three out of five.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Wasn't sure if this was the most appropriate thread but...

It's been 23 years since Chicken Run. so this sequel is long overdue.
I love the stuff that comes out of Aardman Animations Limited.
It's been a long time since we had a Wallace and Grommet movie too. but I hear one is in the works.

• Wow
PS.

In the original Chicken Run, one of the chickens is seen knitting in several scenes. Although this is a stop motion claymation animation - the knitting is real.​
I can't get my head around it.​

Babs | Chicken Run Wiki | Fandom

Babs

Babs' knitting is genuine, and was done with toothpicks as needles. Jane Horrocks, the voice actress for Babs, played the character "Bubble" in the British sitcom Absolutely Fabulous (1992). The characters share a similar tone of voice; high-pitched with a strong Lancashire accent.

• Informative
Have watched a few more Christmas movies.
"Something from Tiffany's" which was pretty good about a mix up of gifts which causes some chaos in the lives of two young couples.
"Holiday Wishes" was a version of the "switched bodies" plot where a rich girl and a foster child get switched. It had a second plot with a party planner looking for her sister.
"Four Cousins and a Christmas" was about a family getting together for grandma's funeral around Christmas. This was more serious than some of the others. Predictable conflict and then resolution.
All on Amazon and watchable if you are in the mood. LOL

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas