TV & Film Movie Lounge

loved, loved, loved The Phantom of the Open on Netflix - if you are a golfer you will love it the same as we did, if you are not a golfer you will still really like it you may just not understand all the golfy parts - like a young Seve Ballesteros - I am the golfer in the family so had to ladysplain some things to my honey but we both laughed uproariously and cried and thoroughly enjoyed it

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: HappyRoxy
loved, loved, loved The Phantom of the Open on Netflix - if you are a golfer you will love it the same as we did, if you are not a golfer you will still really like it you may just not understand all the golfy parts - like a young Seve Ballesteros - I am the golfer in the family so had to ladysplain some things to my honey but we both laughed uproariously and cried and thoroughly enjoyed it

Emma JC
My partner is a mad keen golfer so will have to let him know about this one.

Reactions: Emma JC
Before We Go

I can't decide if I can recommend this movie. I even checked what the movie reviewers said and it defiantly fits into the description of To Mixed Reviews.
Roger Ebert gave it a 1.5 stars, Rotten Tomatoes gave it 29/57, and IMDB ranks it as a 6.8

The movie, depending on your point of view is either a pale imitation or a homage to Richard Linklater's Before trilogy. I was a huge fan of those movies and I think some of my appreciation of those movies has influenced how I feel, both positively and negatively, about this movie.

on the negative side the movie is slow moving at times. The actors aren't as appealing as the ones in Linklater's movies. It might be besides the point I thought the soundtrack actually hurt the movie. A lot of the background music is sort of amorphous and sleepy.

On the positive side, since it's doubtful we will get another Before movie from Linklater, maybe this can be sort of a place holder. Like it's not a great pizza but it's still pizza. It's also a good movie for making you think. Maybe not a good choice for a first date but could be a good choice for after a few dates. You know how book club books sometimes have discussion questions in the back. This movie should have discussion questions. But if you and your date are having coffee afterwards you may not even need to come up with any provocative discussion questions. Just trying to parse the ending should take a half hour.

Before We Go

I can't decide if I can recommend this movie. I even checked what the movie reviewers said and it defiantly fits into the description of To Mixed Reviews.
Roger Ebert gave it a 1.5 stars, Rotten Tomatoes gave it 29/57, and IMDB ranks it as a 6.8

The movie, depending on your point of view is either a pale imitation or a homage to Richard Linklater's Before trilogy. I was a huge fan of those movies and I think some of my appreciation of those movies has influenced how I feel, both positively and negatively, about this movie.

on the negative side the movie is slow moving at times. The actors aren't as appealing as the ones in Linklater's movies. It might be besides the point I thought the soundtrack actually hurt the movie. A lot of the background music is sort of amorphous and sleepy.

On the positive side, since it's doubtful we will get another Before movie from Linklater, maybe this can be sort of a place holder. Like it's not a great pizza but it's still pizza. It's also a good movie for making you think. Maybe not a good choice for a first date but could be a good choice for after a few dates. You know how book club books sometimes have discussion questions in the back. This movie should have discussion questions. But if you and your date are having coffee afterwards you may not even need to come up with any provocative discussion questions. Just trying to parse the ending should take a half hour.

sounds interesting...

Emma JC

Reactions: HappyRoxy
Plane was good, although it was very formulaic. We bought 10 tickets for the cinema as you get quite a good discount if you buy them in bulk. That will be five tickets each for five films before the end of April.:)

started watching RRR on Netflix last night - it is interesting and entertaining - got halfway through (it is 3 hours) and will watch the rest tonight - a movie from India - in dubbed in English so no subtitles

Emma JC

Finished watching this last night - such energy!! well worth the entertainment value for the time spent.

Emma JC

• Friendly
Reactions: HappyRoxy and Lou