TV & Film Most boring TV programming

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Without having basic cable it's hard for me to judge since I don't watch most programs. As it is:
Any baseball game(even fans in my family admit it's boring) or golf
The food network: One of the three PBS stations is almost entirely about food. Watching a person make food. At least it's educational so I'll give it some credit.

uzy9yra5.jpg

;)

I agree that pretty much all sports programming is boring, although I make an exception for the last game of the World Series because it's nail-biting time; every single play is crucial, it's the last game of the year and even one error, one wrong play can be costly.

I do watch some reality TV, but most of it does bore me.

Most programming aimed at Millennials I find boring, I guess because I'm a baby boomer. :p

The sad thing about golf is they show clips to make the sport more exciting. I imagine being there live would be even worse. It does have fans though.
I agree that pretty much all sports programming is boring, although I make an exception for the last game of the World Series because it's nail-biting time; every single play is crucial, it's the last game of the year and even one error, one wrong play can be costly.
I was a big fan when I was a child. They had a lot of good game 7's then, but lately it doesn't happen much.

Mainstream news shows such as the news on BBC or CNN can actually be quite boring. The language is so filtered and watered down, it makes me mad sometimes.

A lot of action movies can bore me quite a bit. I sometimes let them run on my TV with the sound on mute because I'm waiting for what's coming up afterwards. I see lots of macho posturing, sweaty male leads screaming at each other and shooting at each other and at everyone else (with massive, humongous guns; somebody's obviously got a t.d. complex), stuff constantly getting blown up, etc. Some people must like those movies, because Hollywood keeps making them, but I can't watch them at all.

Reactions: Blobbenstein
Mainstream news shows such as the news on BBC or CNN can actually be quite boring. The language is so filtered and watered down, it makes me mad sometimes.
I recall watching some news shows in college, and it seemed to be the same stories over and over again. I'm not sure if I'd consider them boring, but I wouldn't have a problem if they had only one news station.

I'd also have to mention pro wrestling. I found myself yawning to it a lot. I don't think it has a reputation for being boring, but my body tells me it is.

I used to be into pro wrestling, and I can't come up with a rational explanation as to why. It was probably more social than anything. I was fresh out of boot camp, and for all of us testosterone filled teenage adults watching wrestling and then beating each other up was just the thing to do.

I'd have to say TV news is a mixture of boring and infuriating when it comes to not having a story, but really wanting to have a story.

The SE Asian plane disappearance is a perfect example. They really want to cover what happened to it, but nobody knows. Instead, we get every possible scenario that could happen, along with all the talking heads to support it, and detailed analysis of the current search, and possible search techniques and future search strategies, and it's bloody useless.

I feel sorry for the relatives of the people who were on the plane, as well as the passengers and crew, but damnit, the plane most likely crashed in the ocean, everyone is dead, and it'll take finding the wreckage (possibly years later, like that French flight that went down coming from South America) to get the answers - which are, I'd wager, most likely some bizarre equipment malfunction.

I thought for a while that it had been hijacked to be used by terrorists to carry a nuclear bomb....but yeah, it probably just had a fire in the cabin and ran out of fuel.

I'd have to say TV news is a mixture of boring and infuriating when it comes to not having a story, but really wanting to have a story.

The SE Asian plane disappearance is a perfect example. They really want to cover what happened to it, but nobody knows. Instead, we get every possible scenario that could happen, along with all the talking heads to support it, and detailed analysis of the current search, and possible search techniques and future search strategies, and it's bloody useless.

I feel sorry for the relatives of the people who were on the plane, as well as the passengers and crew, but damnit, the plane most likely crashed in the ocean, everyone is dead, and it'll take finding the wreckage (possibly years later, like that French flight that went down coming from South America) to get the answers - which are, I'd wager, most likely some bizarre equipment malfunction.

Meanwhile, South Sudan is again on the verge of genocide, several thousand having been murdered in the past few months, and that hardly gets noticed in the midst of the various disappearance scenarios. Yeah, the news is definitely entertaining :p

The sad thing about golf is they show clips to make the sport more exciting. I imagine being there live would be even worse. It does have fans though.

I was a big fan when I was a child. They had a lot of good game 7's then, but lately it doesn't happen much.

I'm actually quite an avid golfer, I'm out there almost every weekend. But watching it on TV puts me to sleep without fail.

Horse racing I find alarming rather than boring.

I watch too much HGTV (Home and Garden TV) and it's getting boring. I do however usually have the TV on when I'm home. I know that's bad but I do.