Moist Vegan Chocolate Cake

BobbyVegan

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I tried to cook it recently. It turned out delicious.

Ingredients
  • 1.5 cup All-purpose flour
  • 0.75 cup Cocoa powder
  • 1.5 teaspoon Baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon Baking soda
  • 0.25 teaspoon Salt
  • 0.5 cup Coconut oil
  • 0.75 cup Maple syrup
  • 1 cup Almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
  • 0.5 cup Hot water
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a round cake pan.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract.
  4. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until well combined.
  5. Stir in the hot water until the batter is smooth.
  6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top.
  7. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  8. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
  9. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
  10. Serve and enjoy!

looks like a great simple recipe - I would put in apple sauce and leave out the coconut oil

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Then it'll be a regular cake :shrug:
I kinda want to try the coconut oil (refined) but I don't want to use coconut oil o_O
I have a recipe for a bundt coffee cake that uses silken tofu, with walnut struesel in the middle I want to make this weekend
...or the chocolate peanut butter bundt PTree makes. Too many choices....

Reactions: Emma JC
My favorite chocolate cake is the depression or wacky cake. It's my go to recipe. I like to add chocolate chips to the batter.

Ingredients

CHOCOLATE CAKE

• ▢ 1 ½ cups (187 g) all-purpose flour
  • ▢ 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
  • ▢ ¼ cup (29.5 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
  • ▢ ½ teaspoon kosher salt
  • ▢ 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ▢ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ▢ 1 teaspoon white vinegar
  • ▢ ⅓ cup vegetable oil
  • ▢ 1 cup (237 g) water

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8-inch baking dish with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.

CHOCOLATE CAKE

• In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Whisk to combine.
  • Add vanilla, vinegar, oil, and water to the dry ingredients and stir using a spatula or whisk until ingredients are fully combined.
  • Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. When an inserted toothpick is removed with a few crumbs (not clean!) the cake is done.

Reactions: Brian W and Emma JC
How much apple sauce would you use in this recipe? I would love to make it but I want to avoid coconut oil if I can.

I would use the equivalent of the oil - so in this case a third of a cup - I buy those small applesauce kids cups which are about 1/2 cup and so that is what I often use.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com