Music Metal

I like Opeth too!:apple:
What's your favorite album? I have such a hard time picking one. I love the growly stuff as well as the more mellow stuff. Damnation is just beautiful, IMHO. It also features Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree, and I love his touch as a producer. I also adore Blackwater Park. I was lucky enough to see this album played in full during one of Opeth's tours. It was fantastic.

There happens to be some epic music among all the thousands of metal bands that I have listened to. For example...

Band: Alghazanth
Album: Wreath of Thevetat

Band: Burzum
Albums: Belus and Fallen
And of course I love the song Dunkelheit, who doesn't? :)

Band: Dismal Euphony
Album: Autumn Leaves: The Rebellion of Tides

Band: Gorgoroth
Album: Antichrist

Band: Moonsorrow
Album: Kivenkantaja

Band: Old Man's Child
Album: In Defiance of Existence

Band: Theatre of Tragedy
Album: Velvet Darkness They Fear

Last edited by a moderator:
These are also worth checking out:

Turmion Kätilöt, especially the song Elävä Koneeksi from the album Technodiktator.

Uhrilehto and the album Ihmisvihan Eliitti.

Limbonic Art, the album In Abhorrence Dementia.

Negura Bunget and the albums OM and Vîrstele Pamîntului.

Summoning, the album Oath Bound.

Reactions: Sax
StrangeOtter, I will check out the ones you have listed. I don't know any of those.
I thought of a couple of more I really like:
Eluveitie
Omnium Gatherum -- I was supposed to see these guys a week or so ago, but the coronavirus canceled the show. I hope they reschedule.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Hellhammer is one of my old favorites, and their later incarnation Celtic Frost.

Blood Incantation is a really good modern death metal band:

But these days I'm mostly into stoner/doom - Hour of 13 has a classic sound:

StrangeOtter, I will check out the ones you have listed. I don't know any of those.
I thought of a couple of more I really like:
Eluveitie
Omnium Gatherum -- I was supposed to see these guys a week or so ago, but the coronavirus canceled the show. I hope they reschedule.
Eluveitie makes really awesome music, haven't listened to it in years! thank you for te reminder.
And I have never listened to Omnium Gatherum, so now is the time!

Hopefully you'll get to see them after the coronavirus situation is over.

I don't really enjoy gigs, but have seen Dio (was my first gig ever), Moonspell, Ensiferum, Moonsorrow and Alghazath. At the begining of the song Full Moon Madness everyone in the crowd started howling.

Reactions: PTree15
Eluveitie makes really awesome music, haven't listened to it in years! thank you for te reminder.

I don't really enjoy gigs, but have seen Dio (was my first gig ever), Moonspell, Ensiferum, Moonsorrow and Alghazath. At the begining of the song Full Moon Madness everyone in the crowd started howling.

I was introduced to Eluveitie last year and got to see them live last fall. They were fantastic. Very cool on seeing Dio! I got into heavy metal only in the last few years, so I'm discovering lots of new-to-me music. I love it. A couple of friends routinely send me links of music they think I'll enjoy, and it's been great. I listened to a bunch of live shows last night, two that my friends got to attend before the bans of large gatherings started. I was jealous! I love to attend gigs.

I am loving this song.

• Friendly
I was introduced to Eluveitie last year and got to see them live last fall. They were fantastic. Very cool on seeing Dio! I got into heavy metal only in the last few years, so I'm discovering lots of new-to-me music. I love it. A couple of friends routinely send me links of music they think I'll enjoy, and it's been great. I listened to a bunch of live shows last night, two that my friends got to attend before the bans of large gatherings started. I was jealous! I love to attend gigs.
You are new to metal? Well, you are lucky, since you have all the new discoveries ahead of you, all the enjoyable music to experience. :)
Do you like moshpits?
@Sax most likely does?

You are new to metal? Well, you are lucky, since you have all the new discoveries ahead of you, all the enjoyable music to experience. :)
Do you like moshpits?
@Sax most likely does?
Hahaha, no, my mosh pit days (I never really had them, and now I'm older than dirt) are over. The craziest mosh pit I ever saw was for Les Claypool. People were regularly bloodied and everything. It was insane. I had been up front for half the show and I was literally picked up off the floor. My feet weren't touching and was being pushed side to side. I was freaked out, lol. I managed to get out of there before I got hurt. I spent the rest of the show happily toward the back of the venue after two shots of Jaeger!

I've seen some good ones at Nine Inch Nails shows and Jinjer, but I am usually far enough away now to stay out of the mayhem. Back in the day, we called the whole mosh pit thing "slam dancing." It happened mostly at punk shows, which were awesome. I tried it once or twice, but it typically got really violent. I remember my friend's brother pulling me and his sister out of the pit because some guy had pulled a knife. Her brother was huge, so nobody messed with him, but he was worried about us, lol. It was at a show by a local band called The Probers. We were obsessed with them when we were in college. I used to color my hair all kinds of crazy for their shows (just the temporary color, haha) ... purple, blue, green, red, orange, you name it. :D

Do you like moshpits?
@Sax most likely does?
I've always like rock and all (and bands like Metallica), but I only recently got into the heavy stuff in the past four or five years. I've loved Opeth for years, though, and I kind of went from there. I find the live shows really cathartic. I so could have used that Omnium Gatherum show to work out my stress! I like to rock out.

Hahaha, no, my mosh pit days (I never really had them, and now I'm older than dirt) are over. The craziest mosh pit I ever saw was for Les Claypool. People were regularly bloodied and everything. It was insane. I had been up front for half the show and I was literally picked up off the floor. My feet weren't touching and was being pushed side to side. I was freaked out, lol. I managed to get out of there before I got hurt. I spent the rest of the show happily toward the back of the venue after two shots of Jaeger!

I've seen some good ones at Nine Inch Nails shows and Jinjer, but I am usually far enough away now to stay out of the mayhem. Back in the day, we called the whole mosh pit thing "slam dancing." It happened mostly at punk shows, which were awesome. I tried it once or twice, but it typically got really violent. I remember my friend's brother pulling me and his sister out of the pit because some guy had pulled a knife. Her brother was huge, so nobody messed with him, but he was worried about us, lol. It was at a show by a local band called The Probers. We were obsessed with them when we were in college. I used to color my hair all kinds of crazy for their shows (just the temporary color, haha) ... purple, blue, green, red, orange, you name it. :D
Wow. Crazy stories. Someone had a knife? That's horrifying. I'm glad you weren't injured.
I usually observe moshpits from a safe distance as well. :laughing:

I've always like rock and all (and bands like Metallica), but I only recently got into the heavy stuff in the past four or five years. I've loved Opeth for years, though, and I kind of went from there. I find the live shows really cathartic. I so could have used that Omnium Gatherum show to work out my stress! I like to rock out.
I'm sure Omnium Gatherum gets back on stage, as soon as this coronavirus situation has passed, at least, I hope.

Reactions: PTree15