March Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spend any spare time trying to get some work in (separate work from my day job which is paid hourly so I need to try to do as much as possible.) This is usually only an option when E naps or in the evening when he's in bed.

I'm finding this means I have literally no time for myself or to just recharge as when you add in cleaning/washing/cooking/tidying etc etc plus looking after a baby all the day has gone. Add in tiredness from being up in the night multiple times & early wake ups means it's taking it's toll. We have had illness after illness too.

Anyway, this essay is really to conclude that I will try to add in a home workout maybe even just once a week & perhaps one free evening to watch TV or something. Healthy eating needs to be more of a priority too. Although weight loss is not an issue & now maybe need to focus on gaining a pound or two. Think I'm the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult...still just about within health BMI though.

I spend any spare time trying to get some work in (separate work from my day job which is paid hourly so I need to try to do as much as possible.) This is usually only an option when E naps or in the evening when he's in bed.

I'm finding this means I have literally no time for myself or to just recharge as when you add in cleaning/washing/cooking/tidying etc etc plus looking after a baby all the day has gone. Add in tiredness from being up in the night multiple times & early wake ups means it's taking it's toll. We have had illness after illness too.

Anyway, this essay is really to conclude that I will try to add in a home workout maybe even just once a week & perhaps one free evening to watch TV or something. Healthy eating needs to be more of a priority too. Although weight loss is not an issue & now maybe need to focus on gaining a pound or two. Think I'm the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult...still just about within health BMI though.
Good plan...remember, you can’t pour from an empty cup! You have to make time for yourself. <3

I have decided...I “WILL” walk today! Rain be damned. It’s only supposed to rain intermittently. I’ll try and schedule it “in between”. It’s supposed to reach 73 degrees Fahrenheit.

Good for you. I'm also going to go and walk in the nearby shrub land as you can easily keep your distance from others.

I'm a total news junkie and I'm trying not to obsess over the coronavirus situation, but it will be hard to break that habit, especially because I have a part-time gig with a news outlet, so I sort of have to stay up to date. That doesn't mean 24/7, though, and I need to unplug.

I'm trying to eat mindfully, though I'm craving carbs (subconscious or conscious stress-eating, lol). I've also been a little stressed with a health situation with my dad (he fell and broke a finger and needed surgery) that is requiring my sister and me to tag-team his care for a bit, so I've been doing a lot of traveling back and forth to Rhode Island. My sleep has been total garbage. I should have been able to sleep a good 8 hours last night because I was exhausted, but I think my mind is subconsciously ruminating, and I woke up after only 4 1/2 hours of sleep. Blah.

I have been walking, though, which is good, and I'm trying to make some time for myself. I had a recent spate of freelance projects (welcomed, I might add), but, boy, did I have to work my butt off. Today, I finally have a breather, so I'm going to take the day off from all things coronavirus (after the noon news, haha) and just try to relax. I plan to walk outside if the weather improves. It's been raining. If not, I will perhaps ride my exercise bike. I also want to do some crocheting.

Hugs to all of you!

Last edited:
My gym is closed due to coronavirus so I'm trying to plan a new workout scheme. Going to the gym before work made it so convenient, it's gonna take extra effort to stay consistent and it won't be as good of a workout.

I've still been riding my bike every day this year, tomorrow will be day 80.

YouTube has some intense workouts, if you'd be interested...? FitnessBlender has high quality warm ups, workouts and cool downs.

Reactions: Sax and Val
YouTube has some intense workouts, if you'd be interested...? FitnessBlender has high quality warm ups, workouts and cool downs.

Thanks I'll check that out for ideas. Hopefully body weight exercises will be enough to prevent losing progress, I don't want to buy equipment. I used to have a home gym setup but going to a real gym is way more motivating. My music is better though :p

And fortunately, I know that staying on routine is an important distraction. So I am doing yoga (with Adriene) most days, and I am doing my neighborhood walk when the weather allows (the gym has closed).

I was going to try Yoga with Adrienne too. I hope she has exercises for an absolute beginner. :laughing:

Make sure you take care of yourself! xxx:hug:

I've been fairly useless this whole winter season! I have gained a lot of weight back as I have had to go on medication again, grr. I haven't even been going for my usual long walks.

I am going to try and start exercising now that spring is here. It doesn't help that we are supposed to be staying indoors so much! I want to try some easy yoga and some exercise classes I find on YouTube.:dance:

Well, this was not planned exactly, but cutting my hair off has made sleeping easier.
Also, I went to bed earlier last night, because I didn't have to untangle the mess or tie it up. :laughing:
Life is good.

I have done exercises and short walks almost every day. Still trying my best to keep at it.

Also, I would like to share this couch potato exercise from Amelie Tahiti:

I skipped walking yesterday because I find the more consecutive days I do, the more pain I have in my hips and lower back. But I did my stretches.

Today is my first official day of retirement! So I will celebrate with my first early morning walk since probably November of last year. It will be light enough at 7 a.m. but I think I will wait until 7:30. I hope it’s not too cold out! Actually, now that I think of it, we were supposed to have snow showers! I will have to check the weather forecast and possibly postpone until after lunch.

Today is my first official day of retirement! So I will celebrate with my first early morning walk since probably November of last year. It will be light enough at 7 a.m. but I think I will wait until 7:30.

Is that what time you are still getting up after retirement?! I would sleep in. :)

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I skipped walking yesterday because I find the more consecutive days I do, the more pain I have in my hips and lower back. But I did my stretches.

Today is my first official day of retirement! So I will celebrate with my first early morning walk since probably November of last year. It will be light enough at 7 a.m. but I think I will wait until 7:30. I hope it’s not too cold out! Actually, now that I think of it, we were supposed to have snow showers! I will have to check the weather forecast and possibly postpone until after lunch.
I'm wishing you a long, healthy, and happy retirement!

Is that what time you are still getting up after retirement?! I would sleep in. :)
I’ve been up since 3:45 a.m. *stinkeye* I don’t think my sleep habits will change. Last week, for some reason, I was waking up at 3 but able to fall back to sleep until 5:30. It was like heaven lol. But I’m back to my old habits which is ok, now that I can take a nap in the afternoon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.