March Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danced for 2-3 hours on Saturday.

Felt crappy yesterday and skipped the gym. I'm hoping to go tomorrow. Still feeling tired today. Not eating so great due to feeling too tired to cook. Blah.

And I already know my iron level is fine. Probably my body is catching up on sleep.

I have been a big fail lately! Work schedule is all over the place so some days I am working afternoons and miss my treadmill walk. The cutting back on sugar isn't working out that well either. Today a co-worker brought homemade blueberry muffins! She is an excellent baker and brings treats once in a while. I have to be nice and try them!
I must do better this month!

Went to the gym today.

I might sign up for 1 personal training session, just to have a trained person check my form. When doing squats with about 80-90 percent of my body weight, I feel pressure on my lower back. I'm hesitant to increase the weight. Don't wanna pay extra money, but also don't want to injure myself.

This is surprising, but this super warm winter served me a good service: i had a chance to walk on foot more and i was rarely wearing a winter coat. As a result: 1) i became more cold-proof, and can walk outside the whole day in my summer top when the temps are about +4°C up to +6°C, and if needed, when it's colder. And 2) my back muscles are now holding my weight much better. After lying on bed for 4 months in a row (after the last hospital), i've had difficulties with holding my back, because back muscles were sore (after lying for 4 months and basically doing nothing, my body forgot how to hold my back),- that's the main reason i need a seat-cane. But now i can walk a lot longer without being bended up; and even at work, i can sit straight for a long period of time.:apple:

Well now, this has become very interesting. The pollen is coming on big time, which, for me, means sniffles, a dry cough and itchy eyes. This would be the time of year when I would mostly stop my daily walking though the neighborhood and instead go to the gym. But people are being strongly encouraged not to go to gyms with all the free weights and equipment that might not be well sanitized between uses. Oy!

And, thanks to stocking up, I have several boxes of So delicious Dipped Salted Caramel bars in the freezer, so exercise is somewhat imperative! Lol.

Apparently, I'm going to have to use some self-discipline, both in my treats and in my exercise.

I’m challenging myself to see how much pie I can eat before my baggy jeans are no longer baggy. :lick::lol:

I'm glad I went to Aldi the other day because they had their antihistimine nasal spray! I used it last year and it worked far better than anything, and didn't have the irritation I've had with other nasal sprays. They're $6.99 for a month supply

Staying "healthy" has become a challenge.

I know my mind is completely obsessed with Coronavirus. I find myself both focusing on the terrifying aspects and continually talking myself "off the ledge". Fortunately there's a part of me that's able to take a step back from my thoughts and watch them battle each other and remain somewhat objective. I think if that weren't the case, I'd be spiraling downward into depression.

And fortunately, I know that staying on routine is an important distraction. So I am doing yoga (with Adriene) most days, and I am doing my neighborhood walk when the weather allows (the gym has closed).

How is everyone and how are you coping?

Hugs Poppy. XOXOXO

Health is out the window for me right now. I don’t think I’m super stressed over Covid19 but it’s all kind of surreal. I keep waiting for the proverbial “other shoe” to drop but I’m hopeful that we socially distanced ourselves early enough and it won’t be that bad. We have three new cases in Putnam county for a total of 5. I keep saying “we” because I forget I don’t live there anymore. It’s more widespread where I am now. *facepalm*

I keep wanting to start walking but I feel frozen in place...and that place is in front of the tv and my iphone. And I’ve been snacking like crazy. So I guess even though I don’t “feel” panicked, I must be to some degree, if only subconsciously. :(

Last edited:
I am trying to exercise everyday. Food on the other hand is out of control.
I stopped at Aldi for a couple things and walked out with chocolate chip cookies and their fudge striped ones. They're both vegan. Other things too, but till no fruit....

My gym is closed due to coronavirus so I'm trying to plan a new workout scheme. Going to the gym before work made it so convenient, it's gonna take extra effort to stay consistent and it won't be as good of a workout.

I've still been riding my bike every day this year, tomorrow will be day 80.

I'm trying to consume media more mindfully... The coronavirus situation is of course important to be aware about, but to watch news, read articles, get more and more information, until information overload... That's not healthy.

So I'm officially going to start doing something else with my time. I'm going to draw, I'm going to listen to podcasts, I'm going to practice my religion.
Also, I'm trying to do a workout almost everyday.

It's completely understandable to be worried, or even anxious, or perhaps even panicy about this situation... but the truth is that we can't do much anything apart from social distancing and hand hygiene.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and Poppy
Status
Not open for further replies.