March Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She needs to watch the smoothies though...they have more points than if she ate the fruits/veggies in the natural form. Not sure why.

I shouldn't be giving her advise as I have no idea about WW and the points system. :rolleyes:

I usually have berry smoothies and also add spinach or even broccoli for the extra fibre. They are very low carb and do the trick if you have either hunger pangs or are craving something sweet.

It's weird as I had the black bean and corn salad for lunch yesterday and I couldn't even finish it as I felt too full!

I don't understand why I can eat bread/pasta/rice/crisps all day and never get full.:rolleyes:

I might make the rest of the salad into a soup for lunch today or into a chilli and have it with rice. I will enjoy looking at the WW portions of rice and how many points it is, probably loads, lol.

I've tried cauliflower rice but it just isn't the same.:p

She needs to watch the smoothies though...they have more points than if she ate the fruits/veggies in the natural form. Not sure why.

Yes, I had a big bowl of blueberries with a couple of spoons of soya yoghurt yesterday, I would normally have made that into a smoothie.

@Moll Flanders -chickpeas roasted in salt and vinegar sound like something I'd like. Have you done them this way before? Are they like the snacky chickpeas, or an entree? o_O

I have them as a snack usually but sometimes I put them over a salad.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I know I'm not doing Slimming World but I remembered some women on a forum going on about these chips.

Syn-free chips | Slimming World

I ordered some oil spray and some Cornish sea salts in different flavours to make them.:drool:

I usually buy the plain and the smoked Cornish sea salt flakes. The latter is really out of this world. However, I'm going
to buy the fresh & zesty someone as I particularly like lemon flavours in savoury dishes.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I usually buy the plain and the smoked Cornish sea salt flakes. The latter is really out of this world. However, I'm going
to buy the fresh & zesty someone as I particularly like lemon flavours in savoury dishes.

I bought six different ones. Original, smoked, luxury salt & pepper, roasted garlic, lemon & thyme and chilli.

Reactions: Val
I always thought it had something to do with the way the body breaks down whole food as opposed to something liquid.

I always thought it had something to do with the way the body breaks down whole food as opposed to something liquid.
When I did WW, I sort of cheated by not counting a smoothie as a smoothie. I would enter each ingredient separately. :D

Today, I got in a nice long walk with my friend's dogs. We were out for an hour and a half, and with stops for the dogs, I probably walked an hour. They like to go at a good pace, so I felt like I got my heart rate up a bit, which was nice. I am doing some crunches and squats later.

Reactions: Chryssie and Val
I bought six different ones. Original, smoked, luxury salt & pepper, roasted garlic, lemon & thyme and chilli.

I'd like to hear about the lemon & thyme one. I think that it would pair well with courgettes, green beans and cauliflower dishes.;)
I use the smoked flakes very often. The smokiness is particularly tasty with nut roast, aubergines and soups. The other day, I made some sliced, toasted wholewheat bread with cold nut roast plus a sprinkle of smoked sea salt and it was really excellent.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15
I’m in NYC briefly. I thought I would get much more exercise than I’m getting as I always walk like a fool when I’m here. But it’s in the mid 20s today and breezy, so walking outside has no appeal whatsoever. I went to a museum earlier today so that was a little something. But it sure won’t make up for the dinner I plan to have at Blossom tonight. :eek:

I lost four pounds! Probably Ben’s doing but I’ll take it. I feel like I’m on track now at least.

Reactions: Chryssie
Yesterday I made pizza with a ready crust, sauce olives mushrooms and Aldi vegan shreds. I had my son in mind, but forgot he hates those shreds! So...I had most of it. I can feel it today too. Other son made brownies and I resist those just fine, the processed carbs are what I crave!

I think i'll do a kind of intermittent fasting maybe 3 times a week. Sure I've said this before :rolleyes:. Like stop at 6 pm, start at 9 am

I have increased my walking time from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. I have not got back on the scale because it is so discouraging. I am still trying to reduce my food intake but it is hard!

It's been almost a week and the scale says I'm down 3 pounds. It's good, I suppose, but I was hoping for more.:D
You don’t want to lose too fast. The slow approach has been proven to work the best with more success of keeping it off. :)

Nice job! :up:

Reactions: Val
Yuck, I just made a salad with chickpea pasta, not nice at all.:down:

You don’t want to lose too fast. The slow approach has been proven to work the best with more success of keeping it off. :)

Yes, I know. I'm just so impatient. It feels like I've been doing WW for ages already.:lol:

Yuck, I just made a salad with chickpea pasta, not nice at all.:down:

Yes, I know. I'm just so impatient. It feels like I've been doing WW for ages already.:lol:
I know, I get it. When I started in 2014 I was losing 5 pounds a week...EDIT: MONTH! NOT WEEK! :fp: It felt like torture. But I lost 32 pounds total and with the few pounds I lost due to stress over Ben, I’m only up by about 7 pounds which isn’t bad considering it’s been 5 years. It’s so hard though. It sucks, lol. But I’m so much happier at the lower weight. I wish I didn’t care so much. But I do. Life is so much easier when I’m not stressing over my personal appearance. I think if I didn’t have hair issues I would be happy with a ten-fifteen pound overage. But since I can’t control what I look like from the neck up, I can at least keep my weight in check, lol. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.