March Health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m eating an apple when I really want to be eating cake, cookies, chips, ice cream, chocolate, etc.

So that’s something I guess. :pout:

Reactions: Chryssie
My goal for this month is to find a new gym and get back into my workout routine.

I will probably also do a lot more walking. There are three people I can ask to drive me places, but I don't mind walking the 20 minutes or so that it takes to get downtown. Once there's less snow, I'll be able to bike pretty much everywhere. That's one thing I like about this town: It's small enough that everything is easy to get to.

I’m eating an apple when I really want to be eating cake, cookies, chips, ice cream, chocolate, etc.

So that’s something I guess. :pout:
Maybe you could get some apple chips?

Maybe you could get some apple chips?
One would think so but I would have to find some that are zero points, otherwise, I would choose a different snack if I was going to use up some points. A lot of the ones I’ve seen are 3-5 points for a serving. Crazy. But the thing with WW is they want you to eat fruit in it’s natural form. It’s hard to imagine but you can’t even purée fruit for a smoothie because then it isn’t zero points anymore. Same with vegetables. Something about eating it in it’s natural form, I guess.

I’m just being a whiny baby, lol.

One would think so but I would have to find some that are zero points, otherwise, I would choose a different snack if I was going to use up some points. A lot of the ones I’ve seen are 3-5 points for a serving. Crazy. But the thing with WW is they want you to eat fruit in it’s natural form. It’s hard to imagine but you can’t even purée fruit for a smoothie because then it isn’t zero points anymore. Same with vegetables. Something about eating it in it’s natural form, I guess.

I’m just being a whiny baby, lol.
Not at all! My mother is doing WW right now, so I've been hearing about points and how they recommend this and that. She got annoyed the other day when they recommended a sugar-free product that was loaded with aspartame.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Well, this month I will focus on getting the eating under control. I have managed to get my activity level up by walking on the treadmill 30 minutes every single day plus other walking around town and stuff. The rest of my workout routine is my nightly squats and lifting the 3 lb weights. I have to get back to eating the right number of calories to start loosing weight. I know I can do it because I did it before. I can't have sweets around and I have to resist the goodies at work.

Reactions: Katrina and KLS52
I've lost 8-10 pounds in February!
I've been pretty good sticking to whole food plant based eating, but still use things like Just Mayo, and some oil to saute certain things. I know if I make something and feel I'd need to choke it down I'll go off the rails and finish a bag of chips or crackers! Just Mayo does wonders for food that doesn't come out quite right!

I'm also gonna try a lite version of intermittent fasting - just like 14-10 3 days a week. Like eat from 9am till 6 or 7pm. I've been close to that now and love how autophagy sounds!

Exploiting Autophagy to Live Longer | NutritionFacts.org

Reactions: Katrina and PTree15
I want to lose at least 8 pounds this month. I'm going to start on Monday doing WW points. I have ordered a shopping delivery with all healthy stuff. I'm going to prepare meals for the week so I know exactly what I'm eating each day.

It’s hard to imagine but you can’t even purée fruit for a smoothie because then it isn’t zero points anymore. Same with vegetables. Something about eating it in it’s natural form, I guess.

Yes, I read that too.:wtf:

I've lost 8-10 pounds in February!

:up:

Last night at bedtime I checked my Fitbit for my steps and was about 100 short of 10,000 so I walked around the bedroom until it went over the 10,000 mark. :D

Reactions: Katrina and PTree15
My goal for March is to do the exact opposite of the month itself - I aim to go in like a lamb and out like a lion! It's so cold and dreary here, it's hard to be motivated to do anything more than yoga. Hopefully, as the month goes on, the weather will become more suitable for walks and hikes.

I'm going to NYC for a few days later this week - for an art opening and an art show - and it's supposed to be completely bitter. Oh fun. At least I will likely get in more steps than I would here. :rolleyes:

My goal for this month is get my eating under control and get back into regular exercise. This is the first time in five years that I feel I need to "diet" because I've gained too much in the past few months. I haven't stepped on the scale, so I'm going by my clothes. I started tracking food through Sparkpeople again. That app really worked for me. I haven't done that since 2013 or so, but I feel it helps me stay honest and within a reasonable calorie range for weight loss. I can't really go past 1,500 or so if I want to lose (that's if I exercise). I'm guessing I need to lose 10 to 12 pounds. When my clothes feel better, I'll get on the scale to see where I am. I want to really nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand.

My goal for this month is get my eating under control and get back into regular exercise. This is the first time in five years that I feel I need to "diet" because I've gained too much in the past few months. I haven't stepped on the scale, so I'm going by my clothes. I started tracking food through Sparkpeople again. That app really worked for me. I haven't done that since 2013 or so, but I feel it helps me stay honest and within a reasonable calorie range for weight loss. I can't really go past 1,500 or so if I want to lose (that's if I exercise). I'm guessing I need to lose 10 to 12 pounds. When my clothes feel better, I'll get on the scale to see where I am. I want to really nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand.

That sounds like a sensible idea. Bathroom scales are a source of needless stress. It's so easy to see and feel when you've gained weight.

Last edited:
Okay, so I looked on YouTube to see how other people on WW meal prep for the week and I'm going to do that today.

I'm going to cube a block of tofu and bake it, roast two types of chickpeas, one with salt and vinegar, the other with curry powder, onion powder and garam masala.

I'm going to make a black bean salad with sweetcorn and a batch of pico de gallo as well.

I'm going to put this all in glass containers in the fridge.

Oh, I'm going to cut up and roast a cauliflower too and put hot sauce on it.

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Okay, so I looked on YouTube to see how other people on WW meal prep for the week and I'm going to do that today.

I'm going to cube a block of tofu and bake it, roast two types of chickpeas, one with salt and vinegar, the other with curry powder, onion powder and garam masala.

I'm going to make a black bean salad with sweetcorn and a batch of pico de gallo as well.

I'm going to put this all in glass containers in the fridge.

Oh, I'm going to cut up and roast a cauliflower too and put hot sauce on it.

That looks like an excellent plan. It's key to have ready protein meals and snacks available when you are following an eating plan.
I also like to have protein powder and frozen fruit and veg on hand to make a smoothie when I'm hungry in between meals.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
She needs to watch the smoothies though...they have more points than if she ate the fruits/veggies in the natural form. Not sure why.

@Moll Flanders -chickpeas roasted in salt and vinegar sound like something I'd like. Have you done them this way before? Are they like the snacky chickpeas, or an entree? o_O

I did some real squats yesterday! I've been having a hard time with my knees and was only doing them halfway- like almost sitting then rising. I felt sore in my hammies today :D.
Ate more than I've been when I got home, but besides a handful of tortilla chips ok.
I steamed some garnet yams for breakfast this week.

Squats are good for the knees as they strengthen the leg muscles. I have been doing squats for quite a while now and I haven't had any knee pain like I was having before starting this workout. I am continuing the walks on the treadmill and today is the first day I actually had UNDER my calorie budget for the day since starting to track again. I tried on pants again and I HAVE to drop this weight! I can't afford a new bigger wardrobe!

Reactions: PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.