Love it or Hate it !

Cilantro and beetroots is definite yes (in the summer I have at least twice a week beetroot salad for lunch). As for olives, although I like them and I eat them regularly, usually in salads, I would never say that I love them.

I also love mushrooms either grilled or sauteed.

Okra is an absolute no for me. I didn't like it when I was a kid and I still don't like it despite the multiple efforts I made through the years.

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
Coffee is life. I make the most amazing coffee (to me) with my pour over, that I can barely drink coffee unless I make it myself now. It’s quite bizarre, really, how particular I am. Even the pods don't taste good now. I’ve been ruined.

I hear ya there.... I make my own, never buy it. Everything else tastes like sh*t. LOL :p

Speaking of coffee... I notice the carafe is empty. :eek: Time to make more! :D

Reactions: KLS52 and Val
I hear ya there.... I make my own, never buy it. Everything else tastes like sh*t. LOL :p

Speaking of coffee... I notice the carafe is empty. :eek: Time to make more! :D
I've been to some restaurants that have really good coffee, but the coffee in most places, including Starbucks, sucks.
I use a French press, and that results in good coffee, even with inexpensive beans from Aldi.

I love, love, love mushrooms.
I hate, hate, hate mushrooms. :D And lima beans.
I can take cilantro, but it has to be in small doses. I find that it overwhelms a lot of dishes if used too much.
I love black licorice, though I haven't had it in ages.
I love all kinds of olives, especially in salads and pasta dishes.
I wasn't the biggest bleu cheese fan, though it was OK back in the day.
I love beets, especially pickled ones.
I love coffee. I just got a cold brew maker, and it makes such good iced coffee that I don't need to put almond milk or anything in it. It's delicious. I love hot coffee, too, and black. I love soy lattes as well.
Okra is OK in soups. I've tried to eat it plain, but I find it slimy and icky texture-wise.

Reactions: Val
I hate, hate, hate mushrooms. :D

Good! I will eat your share. And then some.

I really loved all the sharp cheeses, and the moldy ones, especially Stilton. Friends brought back an excellent Stilton and a fine port from a visit to Ireland, and I remember that as one of the top five "meals" I've ever eaten. Just lovely.

Back to the list in one of the articles in the opening post - I always liked liver, even as a very young child, but I had the benefit of growing up with a German cook. I don't think most Americans know how to prepare it properly.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I love eggplant when it’s breaded and fried and parmigiana, but I hate it otherwise. I can’t eat it in any other form.

I've been to some restaurants that have really good coffee, but the coffee in most places, including Starbucks, sucks.
I use a French press, and that results in good coffee, even with inexpensive beans from Aldi.
I get the fair trade German roast-both mild and med.- coffee from Aldi! I wonder about being fair trade at that price :confused:!
I loved their whole bean coffee, but didn't like having to grind it!
Which do you get? o_O

I do like eggplant simmered down to a sauce- with some vinegar and some sweet added-sweet & sour sauce thing.
I've had it undercooked so often, and looking at it raw is just disgusting! When work gives us a lunch they get veggie subs with eggplant, carrots and zucchini slices- and all but the very first time the veggies were charred and undercooked!

I get the fair trade German roast-both mild and med.- coffee from Aldi! I wonder about being fair trade at that price :confused:!
I loved their whole bean coffee, but didn't like having to grind it!
Which do you get? o_O

I get the same that you do, my Aldi-shopping-twin!

Occasionally, I get whole bean, but I'm too lazy to grind it in the old burr grinder every day.

I get the same that you do, my Aldi-shopping-twin!

Occasionally, I get whole bean, but I'm too lazy to grind it in the old burr grinder every day.
How about their Moser Ross chocolates? I recently tried the dark chocolate sea salt and <3. I liked the others but sea salt :confused:- just a touch and makes it almost like milk chocolate texture!

How about their Moser Ross chocolates? I recently tried the dark chocolate sea salt and <3. I liked the others but sea salt :confused:- just a touch and makes it almost like milk chocolate texture!
Yes, I buy the Moser Ross, but haven't tried the sea salt one. I now will.

Speaking if chocolate - the last time I went to Trader Joe's, I bought one of their pound plus chocolate bars with almonds, and it's very good.

Oh, and TJ's currently has vegan marshmallows, which are only sporadically available locally.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I was a cheese addict. I loved sharp & stinky, just not moldy. :yuck: I mean, I know all cheese is essentially, technically, mold... but yuck.

My always & forever opinion on bleu cheese: :hurl: So gross. LOL

Cheese addict here, too. I still cry when I see pizza, even after 13 years. :cry:

I was a cheese addict. I loved sharp & stinky, just not moldy. :yuck: I mean, I know all cheese is essentially, technically, mold... but yuck.

My always & forever opinion on bleu cheese: :hurl: So gross. LOL
I used to LOVE Camembert:confused: and Chechil (brine string cheese that originated in Armenia)... And Gouda...:hmm: Until my brain decided that enough is enough and that it needs to stop me from killing myself:D. I began to feel unbearable disgust to all cheeses, i don't know why. But it seems to be an Occam's razor here ("the simplest solution tends to be the right one").:iiam: :pig:

Cheese addict here, too. I still cry when I see pizza, even after 13 years. :cry:
Me too. still smells divine. The last time I caved I went crazy on it too thinking I'd be so sick I'd never want it again. I got mucusy. that's all. No stomach ache, no diarrhea. :mad: and ... it still tasted good.
Don't even ask about ice cream:rolleyes: