Love it or Hate it !

I don’t think I knew that. I haven’t had them in ages. I’ll hsve to check next time I see them. I didn’t know Trader Joe’s has a version of G&P.
I don't think they do anymore. They're always discontinuing what I like! :pout:

How about bananas? I slowly developed a real dislike for them. For a while I was still freezing them for smoothies, now I can't stand that either. It's the taste, not the texture.
Banana is one flavor I like artificial :weird:

How about bananas? I slowly developed a real dislike for them. For a while I was still freezing them for smoothies, now I can't stand that either. It's the taste, not the texture.
Exactly! I used to eat small dehydrated bananas a lot when i was little. They were in the vacuum pack, but they were sweetened!:fp: Bananas themselves always slow my metabolism and decrease the stomach acidity (and i struggle with this issue a lot), and i consider them too sweet and vulgar.:sigh:

I can tolerate cilantro, if it's cooked in food, and there's not too much of it. Raw, or too much, and it feels as though someone is washing my mouth out with soap.

I hate black licorice.

Can't stand the consistency of okra.

I don't like flavored coffees. Coffee should be coffee.

I don't like raisins, in anything or by themselves.

I use onion and celery a lot in cooking, but there's something about the consistency that makes me gag, so I have to dice it extremely fine. I have the same problem with peppers, and have to dice them extremely fine too.

I order an organic fruit and veg box every week now and they sent me purple carrots and I didn't like them as they looked too weird. I made a stir fry with them and then put the rice in at the end and the rice turned a violet colour!

They obviously tasted the same as orange carrots. I will just have to eat them with my eyes closed.:D

Funny, about bananas. I used to eat them often but I’m losing my taste for them.

I love the different colored carrots! I have some in my refrigerator right now. I use them like I would regular old orange carrots.

Funny, about bananas. I used to eat them often but I’m losing my taste for them.
right ! Like are they gmo weirdness :confused:
I love the different colored carrots! I have some in my refrigerator right now. I use them like I would regular old orange carrots.
The first time l had those in a stew someone asked me to prove they weren't sausage! l had a hard time looking at them the same ever since!

What is for veggies,- love red beans, peas, corn, beets, tomatoes, eggplants, green beans, pickled cucumbers, pressed soy fiber, etc..., ...and CAAAABBAGE:drool:. Gimme cabbage!:gl: :p

Yes to all of those for me! I can take or leave beets, but I love the greens... and those beets really do have a beautiful vivid color.

Dislike: courgettes, celery, onions and fresh cucumbers:eek:,- moreover, they make me sick, bloated and cause much further problems (they hardly digest). The same situation is with watermelons and melons (though i'm talking about veggies now)
But MUSHROOMS are the stygian gloom:hide: :bang:. The last time i ate 2 of them..... i guess, that was the last time. I'd had blood vommiting and rectal bleeding for 5 months and was preparing to make a last will.:D I believe, that was a mushroom revenge. But i recovered, and as soon as i don't eat them now, i'm ok.:smile:).
I love all of those... is it OK if I eat your share? I'll pay for them! (Sorry about that nasty illness you got from mushrooms though... Considering what they're grown in, I'm always kind of nervous to eat them raw.

P.S.: What about grains,- love farro and barley.:lick: And hate hate hate buckwheat.:bag: Though it's a national dish here, and everyone is obsessed with buckwheat and eats it for breakfasts, dinners and suppers.:iiam:
I love almost all grains, especially oats. And what is it with buckwheat??? I don't like it either!

I like almost everything on the original list except cilantro and anise (but strangely, Anna Thomas had a recipe for an anise and vegetable stew in one of her books... I tried making it, and liked it!!!!) I admit the slimy/boogery texture of okra is disgusting, but I do like the flavor of it just the same.

Coffee is a strange thing with me- I love the smell but don't care for the taste.

Reactions: Val
I like buckwheat! Well, at least kasha- roasted? I make it with cabbage, shell pasta, peppers mushrooms garlic onions and peas with curry powder

I like farro and love oats. Never had millet or teff or maybe amaranth.

Totally not into grains except for oats (favorite), quinoa and barley. I like the other grains as flour, though, but I’m sure it doesn’t count lol.

Hehe, maybe I am really strange, but I love or at least am ok with all the foods mentioned here so far (even okra if it is not too slimy after preparation - somehow it can be possible prepared in a non-slimy way) ...

... in fact, I think that Bitter Gourd is the only vegetable I have encountered so far where I say I am really not a fan and would rather not eat it, every other fruit or vegetable I have encountered so far I am totally fine with....

Yes to all of those for me! I can take or leave beets, but I love the greens... and those beets really do have a beautiful vivid color.

I love all of those... is it OK if I eat your share? I'll pay for them! (Sorry about that nasty illness you got from mushrooms though... Considering what they're grown in, I'm always kind of nervous to eat them raw.

I love almost all grains, especially oats. And what is it with buckwheat??? I don't like it either!

I like almost everything on the original list except cilantro and anise (but strangely, Anna Thomas had a recipe for an anise and vegetable stew in one of her books... I tried making it, and liked it!!!!) I admit the slimy/boogery texture of okra is disgusting, but I do like the flavor of it just the same.

Coffee is a strange thing with me- I love the smell but don't care for the taste.
Hehehe:p, people like you are heroes for me,- i'd like to be more tolerate to coffee: as soon as i don't drink it, i'd like to be able to stand at least the nasty odour of this devil's invention, but it is so soooo disgusting and makes me so sick, that the slight smell forces me to flee in awe.:eek: :rofl:
What about buckwheat, it's just a national dish (like borsht, or kholodets [meat boullion jelly with pieces of meat, which frightens much foreigners:smile:], or pelmeni [meat dumplings], etc.), and it is supposed that you eat grjechka (buckwheat) all day long and don't "show off".
And i didn't get poisoning from mushrooms: that's how my body has always reacted to them,- it happened long ago (my ex husband could eat the same as me, while i couldn't), and it continues until now. Btw, i never ate raw mushrooms, and was gambling with eating boiled and roasted ones from the woods only when i was little, and i was ok then. Since i was 20 yrs old something bizarre had happened: i'd been eating only pickled sterile mushrooms from the jar in the grocer, but my body developed this horrible reaction to them.:shrug: There is possibility that i have some autoimmune reactions to this super hostile protein:???:. I think there is something true in that statement that one shouln't give it to children until they're 10(!)...

I like buckwheat! Well, at least kasha- roasted? I make it with cabbage, shell pasta, peppers mushrooms garlic onions and peas with curry powder

I like farro and love oats. Never had millet or teff or maybe amaranth.
This dish you've described sounds so deliscious that i even wouldn't had probably noticed the traces of buckwheat (moreover, roasted) inside, if they didn't tell me.:D Curry powder is quite a strong flavour as well, which neutralizes much nasty flavours, IMO.:p
P.S.: You probably would like amaranth if you try it. It's creamy, dense and chewy (and sticky). I adore it...:lick:

Coffee is life. I make the most amazing coffee (to me) with my pour over, that I can barely drink coffee unless I make it myself now. It’s quite bizarre, really, how particular I am. Even the pods don't taste good now. I’ve been ruined.

I had okra in a tomato based vegetable soup and liked it.

I don’t like broccoli rabe (not to be confused with broccoli, which I love) at all. My mom loved it and made it all the time.

Reactions: Mischief
I've never tried farro, teff or amaranth.

I've tried buckwheat once years ago at a posh work event and I didn't like it as it tasted like it wasn't prepared properly. I was sitting at a table with the Chief Executive of the company and a Lord and a politician (not through my own choice, lol!) and I didn't want to complain as I had no idea whether it was supposed to taste like that or not.

I just smiled and ate as much of it as I could.:lol:

Reactions: KLS52
I love fried plantains!

I also like cassava fries, I used to go to a veggie restaurant that made them, but it closed down.:(

I don’t like broccoli rabe (not to be confused with broccoli, which I love) at all. My mom loved it and made it all the time.
Aha, most people share such a fate with the foods they'd overeaten in their childhood. I couldn't avoid it either, e.g. with potatoes, rice, macaroni, fresh cucumbers, courgettes, etc., (not considering meat products, which i'm fed up with). But somehow i avoided it with sauerkraut, cabbage, pickles, peas, beets, and beans!:iiam: I used to eat tons of them always, and now i love them more than ever. :drool: