Looking for opinions and thoughts from other vegans...

I do not embrace the idea personally..

It is the whole misery of ...pick up the menu and brace yourself for the Vegan wasteland that is inside' of 'normal' eateries all over again.

Then the inevitable check with the waitress 'does this have eggs/milk/animal etc in every dish/sauce/dessert'. All before you can resign yourself to the fact that you have the choice of leaves or pasta .

But in a Veggie /Vegan resturant there is the sheer joy of sitting down and facing a menu brimming with choices!!! Not what can I have but what do I fancy!

Having them add meat dishes to that to entice omnis who might be curious, sort of defeats the object for me and takes away the luxury of sitting enjoying a meal without the odour of meat in the air.

AND ....

I went to Raymond Blanc for a works do and had rung in advance had been assured that they had a wide experience of dealing with Vegans.

When I got there nothing on the menu was Vegan, and the Veggie option was good old faithful Goats cheese tart. No one had prepared me anything. So they 'rustled something up'.

What I was given was a starter of a plate of leaves, a main of pasta with a plain tomato sauce and a dessert of mango chunks. What my friends were given was a Raymond Blanc gastro delight . Not happy (or full) I complained to the manager and was issued with a 'meal and wine included' free return vist for myself and a companion. This time we were treated like royalty rather than a smudge on the lily white cloths and to be fair were given a very passable meal.

All I can deduce from the 'wide experience' of Vegans was that either they were NOT Vegan but Veggie and no one knew the difference or that they were very quiet Vegans who ordered and munched on the bucket sized leaves and nodded appreciatively.

I think their new 'experience' will be that Vegans are a pain in the back side if you do not treat them with respect (or at least imagination) and bloody expensive too as they cost you three meals for the payment of one! The experience of a return visit by myself and CG may be one they chalk up for reference.

In fact I need to return to see if anything has changed!!!

So is it safe to infer that many vegans would embrace a menu that is half-vegan, half-carnivorous in order to broaden their options? I'll ask around other forums to gather more information. Thanks again everyone.
Not sure what gave you this idea. I figure that most omnis aren't going to frequent a vegan restaurant, but they might try a vegan dish in a place that serves meat. So the more vegan options, the more chance that people who would normally order chicken or something will order the falafel and save a bird.