UK Looking For Eggless Cake Recipes!

Kennypp7

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I am obsessed with baking, are there any vegan cake recipes as great as ones using eggs?

Hi,

I am trying to become vegan, however because I'm obsessed with baking, I am constantly trying new vegan cupcake and cake recipes I find online, but I just can't find delicious recipes that I can bake for me and my family to love.

Does anyone have any suggestions to amazing Victoria sponge cakes, chocolate cakes, or cupcakes?

Thank you so much!

There are some classic recipes such as Victoria sponge that will not be as light and aery without eggs. There are a multitude of plant based recipes for cakes and bakes including vegan VS on the BBC Good Food site, Olive and Delicious.

Cupcakes should be easy to duplicate and you should try to use cider vinegar with yogurt to help the batter rise. What is it that you didn't like with the end result ?

Keklerde yumurta yerine muz kullanıyorum
tıpkı yumurta gibi bağlayıcı özelliklere sahiptir :chef:

Reactions: Val
This is from Veggieboards...it’s excellent and my go to Chocolate Cake. I also add mini chocolate chips to the batter, that way I don’t have to bother icing it.

Absurdly Easy Chocolate Cake by Boutell.Com
Category: Desserts - Cakes

This recipe is suitable for a: vegetarian/vegan diet.

Ingredients:
-----------------------------------------------------
3 cups flour (680 grams)
2 cups sugar (450 grams)
6 tablespoons cocoa (100 grams)
2 teaspoons baking soda (10 cc's = 10 ml)
1 teaspoon salt (5 cc's = 5 ml)
3/4 cup vegetable oil (200 cc's)
2 tablespoon vinegar (30 cc's)
2 teaspoon vanilla (10 cc's)
2 cup cold water (480 cc's)

Instructions:
Mix the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients. Stir until smooth. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes two layers of a two-layer 9-inch or 8-inch round cake, or one small sheet cake. When cool, frost it.

@Lou--the Wow cookies from the Bobs Redmill bag of whole wheat pastry flour are the best! I had no luck with vegan choc chips (even Isa's Vegan Cookies..), then randomly found that recipe, and it was perfect! :up:

@KLS52 -Another :up:To the "absurdly easy chocolate cake"! I loved that thread because people gave so many tips and additions! I do use less oil, and always add some instant coffee, or strong coffee as the liquid

The one thing different about vegan cakes is the lack of egg make them dry out quicker, if that's an issue :weird:

Robin Robertson has a coffee cake recipe using silken tofu that's sooo very good as a bundt cake! In the 1000 Vegan Recipe book. I'll see if it's online--
Here--

Reactions: Val, Lou and KLS52
This is from Veggieboards...it’s excellent and my go to Chocolate Cake. I also add mini chocolate chips to the batter, that way I don’t have to bother icing it.

Absurdly Easy Chocolate Cake by Boutell.Com
Category: Desserts - Cakes

This recipe is suitable for a: vegetarian/vegan diet.

Ingredients:
3 cups flour (680 grams)
2 cups sugar (450 grams)
6 tablespoons cocoa (100 grams)
2 teaspoons baking soda (10 cc's = 10 ml)
1 teaspoon salt (5 cc's = 5 ml)
3/4 cup vegetable oil (200 cc's)
2 tablespoon vinegar (30 cc's)
2 teaspoon vanilla (10 cc's)
2 cup cold water (480 cc's)

Instructions:
Mix the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients. Stir until smooth. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes two layers of a two-layer 9-inch or 8-inch round cake, or one small sheet cake. When cool, frost it.

Thank you very much.

Just a quick question, does this recipe use plain or self raising flour?

And what vinegar is used?

Many thanks

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
@Lou--the Wow cookies from the Bobs Redmill bag of whole wheat pastry flour are the best! I had no luck with vegan choc chips (even Isa's Vegan Cookies..), then randomly found that recipe, and it was perfect! :up:

@KLS52 -Another :up:To the "absurdly easy chocolate cake"! I loved that thread because people gave so many tips and additions! I do use less oil, and always add some instant coffee, or strong coffee as the liquid

The one thing different about vegan cakes is the lack of egg make them dry out quicker, if that's an issue :weird:

Robin Robertson has a coffee cake recipe using silken tofu that's sooo very good as a bundt cake! In the 1000 Vegan Recipe book. I'll see if it's online--
Here--
This sounds very interesting xD I have never heard of this before but will definitely give it a go thank you

There are some classic recipes such as Victoria sponge that will not be as light and aery without eggs. There are a multitude of plant based recipes for cakes and bakes including vegan VS on the BBC Good Food site, Olive and Delicious.

Cupcakes should be easy to duplicate and you should try to use cider vinegar with yogurt to help the batter rise. What is it that you didn't like with the end result ?

Thank you very much! I will have to give this one a go

And I think it's the texture I'm not a fan of tbh... I love the fact cakes are light and fluffy

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
And I think it's the texture I'm not a fan of tbh... I love the fact cakes are light and fluffy

That is what I thought. Being a huge fan of Victoria Sponge, I don't think that any other cake is comparable. It really is the creaming of the fat & sugar plus the large quantity of eggs that give it both it's lightness and structure.

Thank you very much! I will have to give this one a go

I'm eager to know how you'll compare the end result to classic VS. It does look very dense on the photo. Perhaps you could half the proportions and or if you don't like it, you could make a bowl of trifle with the sponge. :D

[QUOTE = "Kennypp7, yayın: 417771, üye: 8665"]
Bu ipucunu daha önce hiç duymamıştım, :) teşekkür ederim
[/ALINTI]
1/4 su bardağı muz veya avokado püresi, yumurta yerine tariflerde de kullanılabilir.

Avokado daha iyi bir seçim olabilir,

Bir çay kaşığı kabartma tozu bir çorba kaşığı sirke ile karıştırabilir ve bazı tarifte yumurta yerine seçebilirsiniz. :)

:rabbit:

Thank you very much.

Just a quick question, does this recipe use plain or self raising flour?

And what vinegar is used?

Many thanks
I use plain (white)flour and apple cider vinegar. I think white vinegar would work too.

Reactions: Val