Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack Lankey

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Hi
I wonder why we are pushing ourselves to be Vegan when human beings have canine teeth like carvivorous animals... oh look, we also have molars used to chew, like herbivores... btw another thing, our digestive systems are designed to eat plants and animals just like our teeth are....

Whats the logic in forcing ourselves to be vegan? surely, there must be a reason for all those design elements in us...

• Haha
Reactions: Consistency
Racism is natural. Pissing on the floor is natural. The rape of a teenage girl is all about following primal, natural urges. It is totally natural.

Lions kill the children of other lions. For natural reasons, this makes perfect sense.

Veganism is a moral debate. Nature isn't particularly relevant to ethics. If you are using nature to justify anything, then you can invoke it to justify almost anything like genocide and war.

I also totally disagree about the canine teeth but I am not going to get into a long debate about that because it's not necessary to win the argument for the reasons I give above.

I won't spend a lot of time debating with you because this forum is really for people who are already vegan or transitioning (as far as I know) and not for this kind of debate.

I suggest you read the below links which deal (sometimes with some snark) with the typical objections to veganism and uncertainties.

http://malzoism.org/snappy-answers-to-common-malzoan-questions/

http://www.godfist.com/vegansidekick/guide.php

https://medium.com/@marla_rose/meet...2-types-of-reactionary-omnivores-8cd873e2ad37

http://yourveganfallacyis.com/en

Hi
I wonder why we are pushing ourselves to be Vegan when human beings have canine teeth like carvivorous animals... oh look, we also have molars used to chew, like herbivores... btw another thing, our digestive systems are designed to eat plants and animals just like our teeth are....

Whats the logic in forcing ourselves to be vegan? surely, there must be a reason for all those design elements in us...

If it's so natural to eat meat, why does it so often result in heart disease - the number one cause of death? How common are obese vegans? More to the point....
There is nothing natural about factory farming. It is a grotesque, horrific example of the depths of human depravity. Slavery, concentration camps, the treatment of American indians, etc are just other examples. If you are that desensitized to believe the misery and torture doesn't matter because they are just dumb animals, then go right ahead.
And btw, "we" aren't pushing ourselves, many including me like vegan food just fine. I don't feel I'm sacrificing anything other than a big gut, a shorter lifespan and inner guilt.

Reactions: Emma JC
How well do you think you'd tear into some roadkill or raw flesh with our canines? Our teeth clearly are not for tearing flesh in this manner. How about giving a baby a bunny rabbit and an apple. Do you think instinctively that baby is going to bite into the bunny or the apple?

Another thing: I choose to be vegan for many reasons, but it is my choice. No one is forcing anyone the last time I checked. The only one's being forced are the animals to slaughter.

Please check out this video with an open mind. I think Earthling Ed sums up the canine teeth thing better than I can in text. He makes valid points...all of them, in my humble opinion.

Gorillas have far larger canines than humans and are vegans. Same with hippos. The OP is just a troll.

Hi

False comparison #1: Human "canine" teeth are nothing like carnivores and most omnivores. When is the last time you used them to tear into the raw flesh of an animal, drink it's blood, consume it's fur, anus, eyes and inner parts, and then crap them out just a few hours later? Uh never, right?

False comparison #2: Human digestive system is not made to consume animals, even cooking them and eating the muscle meat like most flesh eaters do. Your stomach acid isn't nearly as acidic as a carnivore's. Your intestine length if that of an herbivore, not carnivore. You are at the mercy of diseases like e-coli whereas natural carnivores are not. You need vitamin C in your diet whereas natural carnivores make it in their bodies.

No, the human is not a natural carnivore nor a natural omnivore. However, we have been designed to be able to adapt to eating flesh, but not well, and not for long periods or habitually. This is not an argument for occasional consumption, rather it is simply an acknowledgement that the human body can adapt (albeit very badly, with lots of toxic side effects) to animal product consumption in the diet. I tend to think this was meant in survival situations only, and certainly not the norm or according to design.

False comparison #1: Human "canine" teeth are nothing like carnivores and most omnivores. When is the last time you used them to tear into the raw flesh of an animal, drink it's blood, consume it's fur, anus, eyes and inner parts, and then crap them out just a few hours later? Uh never, right?

False comparison #2: Human digestive system is not made to consume animals, even cooking them and eating the muscle meat like most flesh eaters do. Your stomach acid isn't nearly as acidic as a carnivore's. Your intestine length if that of an herbivore, not carnivore. You are at the mercy of diseases like e-coli whereas natural carnivores are not. You need vitamin C in your diet whereas natural carnivores make it in their bodies.

No, the human is not a natural carnivore nor a natural omnivore. However, we have been designed to be able to adapt to eating flesh, but not well, and not for long periods or habitually. This is not an argument for occasional consumption, rather it is simply an acknowledgement that the human body can adapt (albeit very badly, with lots of toxic side effects) to animal product consumption in the diet. I tend to think this was meant in survival situations only, and certainly not the norm or according to design.

I wish there was some truth in what you say... looks like youre speaking too much from your mind..

Scientifically, human systems are capable of digesting meat and veg at the same time... lot of the hervibores and carnovores cant.... So pls stop talking about mercy to the animals...

Vegans eat a lot of plants who science has confirmed has feelings - meaning they can feel the pain, can experience death just like animals... so veganism is just as brutal as meat eating humans.... to state otherwise is blatant hypocrisy....

Gorillas have far larger canines than humans and are vegans. Same with hippos. The OP is just a troll.
This is incorrect. Gorillas are omnivores... I wish there is some truth to what you are saying

A google search might educate you a bit better on Gorillas

How well do you think you'd tear into some roadkill or raw flesh with our canines? Our teeth clearly are not for tearing flesh in this manner. How about giving a baby a bunny rabbit and an apple. Do you think instinctively that baby is going to bite into the bunny or the apple?

Another thing: I choose to be vegan for many reasons, but it is my choice. No one is forcing anyone the last time I checked. The only one's being forced are the animals to slaughter.

Please check out this video with an open mind. I think Earthling Ed sums up the canine teeth thing better than I can in text. He makes valid points...all of them, in my humble opinion.

I respect you.... If you are vegan by choice but you do not force your opinions down the throat of meat eating human beings, you have my utmost respect... But most vegans are like a religious cult... they like to point fingers at others and say how horrible meat eaters are...

While many of us on this forum live different lifestyles, we try to respect one another. Calling out "most" vegans as a religious cult is not going to win you any friends here. This thread is closed and staying closed. I would suggest not opening another one like this.

Reactions: alleycat
Status
Not open for further replies.