Thunberg told DeGeneres that she would not meet U.S. President Donald Trump to discuss the climate crisis if asked. “I don’t understand why I would,” she said. “I don’t see what I could tell him that he hasn’t already heard and I just think it would be a waste of time really.

“I just thought I need to do whatever I can do, and it’s obviously not going to be enough, but at least it’s something.” She says it was something she just needed to do for herself, “so I could look myself in the eye in this crisis.

DeGeneres ended Friday’s interview by revealing a new section on her YouTube channel inspired by Thunberg.

(and I can't find it)

Last edited:
I just discovered Greta is diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome.
And English is her second language.

But she is more articulate than the President of the US.

• Love
Reactions: Lou
Can a Vegan Diet REVERSE DIABETES?

Can a vegan diet reduce the symptoms of Type 2 diabetes?

Can a plant-based lifestyle reverse the disease?

According to the American Diabetes Association, in 2015, more than 30 million Americans were diabetic and more than 84 million adults were prediabetic.

It is likely that this rise coincides with the adoption of the Western pattern diet, which includes a lot of fatty processed foods.

Diabetes.co.uk has vouched for a balanced vegan diet to lower blood glucose levels in diabetic patients, especially in combination with increased physical activity.

The University of London conducted a study which showed that a plant-based diet can ease symptoms of depression and other mental health issues in type 2 diabetes sufferers.

Dr. Pamela Popper, Dr. Joel Fuhrman and Dr. Michael Greger have all spoken to a plant-based diet's effectiveness in managing diabetes symptoms, and even reversing insulin resistance.

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
I hadn't run into the phrase "Western Pattern Diet" before. So i looked it up

I guess its gaining popularity because the previous term Standard American Diet (SAD) is not just eaten by Americans anymore. and maybe also we don't want it to be confused with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). And I guess it sounds more scientific than just the "Western Diet". And there might be a confusion with phrases like the Out West Diet (Hot dogs and baked beans), or the South West Diet (Tacos and black beans).

But the phrase Wester Pattern makes me think of the plaid you find on flannel shirts. Which I guess shouldn't be confused the tartan which I guess could be called Eastern Pattern.

Sorry. I knew there was a joke in there. Just couldn't quite find it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
and this week... Emma JC

Paul Rudd REALLY Loves Ants

This week's vegan news: Vegan climate activist Greta Thunberg spent time with Academy Award winner and fellow environmentalist Leonardo DiCaprio.

Foie gras is banned in New York City.

“Ant-Man” star Paul Rudd doesn’t think he’s better than insects.

Dutch meat giant Vion is turning a beef processing facility into a dedicated vegan meat factory.

California’s oldest dairy farm is ending its operations and converting to almond groves.

United Airlines is launching a vegan in-flight menu.

After trying lab-grown chicken, Virgin founder Richard Branson says a future where animals are no longer killed en masse for food is on the horizon.

Pamela Anderson wrote a letter to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau urging him to offer vegan meals in prisons.

And Now This

"Rebellyous produces plant-based nuggets made out of wheat and soy protein. The vegan chicken has nearly three times more fiber, 40 percent less saturated fat and sodium, and 20-30 percent more protein than conventional chicken nuggets. They contain no antibiotics, hormones, or cholesterol."

“Meatless nuggets used to be half as delicious and twice as expensive as chicken. At Rebellyous, our mission is to flip the script and make plant-based meat that is better than animal meat in every way, from price and convenience to taste and nutrition.”

I guess this Plant-Based Meat thing is really a thing.
It seems weird that the path to a more compassionate world is fake meat.

• Love
Reactions: Sax and Emma JC
I think I put this in the wrong thread. but NVM.

I just watched the whole thing. It was great.
You know, I consider myself a pretty well-informed vegan but there were so many little stories and a few big ones that I either never heard of or was just wasn't that informed about.

This was the first one of these I had seen. and I was impressed. two thumbs up.

It would be nice to hear comparisons from people who had seen the previous years. 2019 was a pretty special year for vegans and the movie reflected that. but I wonder if the other years were equally optimistic.

Reactions: Emma JC
At the end of the movie is an ad for an app called abillionveg

I just downloaded it. I'm not that impressed but I'll play around with it some more.