Bug Linked words not going where wanted

Brian W

Conscientious Christian
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
When I write part of a sentence then want to create a link, the link always jumps back to the beginning of the line I am typing on instead of staying where I want it (i.e. where the cursor is) The only way around this is to start a new line, create the link, then use backspace to put it where it is wanted.

I see what you mean.

I hadn't noticed this because I tend to write the sentence first, including the word or words from which I intend to link, and then add the link afterwards. (Highlight the word or words and then click the hyperlink icon in the editor.)

• Informative
Reactions: silva and Brian W
It seems to be a known bug:

So, I expect this will be fixed at some point, although it might be several more months before the next release. (If I were to speculate, the next release could be in December, going by the history of recent releases which seems to have happened roughly every 6 months.)

Reactions: Brian W
I see what you mean.

I hadn't noticed this because I tend to write the sentence first, including the word or words from which I intend to link, and then add the link afterwards. (Highlight the word or words and then click the hyperlink icon in the editor.)
That's the best idea. I didn't think of it.