Light headed/dizzy - help requested

Hallie Gardner

Newcomer
Reaction score
I recently became a vegetarian and have been getting light headed and dizzy. Can anyone reccemend any dietary changes that might address this? Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

I recently became a vegetarian and have been getting light headed and dizzy. Can anyone reccemend any dietary changes that might address this? Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
- Make sure you're eating enough calories for your body type/size and your activity level.
- Make sure you're getting enough iron.
- Make sure you have a good source of vitamin B12 in your diet or that you take supplements that provide this.

It could be anything from not eating enough to signs of a minor heart attack.

Don't ask random people on the Internet. Consult a qualified physician.

Reactions: Hallie Gardner

Eat More! This just happened to me this evening. I’ve been traveling, my meals have been grab and go, and tonight when I finally had a chance to eat a “real meal” I found I was light-headed while looking at the menu and knew I needed to order quickly.

For new veg*ns, I also recommend that you carry with you something to eat at all times - a Cliff bar, some peanuts in a baggie, a pb&j tucked in your purse, a clementine - just have something so you don’t have to go without or feel like you have no options.

Reactions: Hallie Gardner
- Make sure you're eating enough calories for your body type/size and your activity level.
- Make sure you're getting enough iron.
- Make sure you have a good source of vitamin B12 in your diet or that you take supplements that provide this.

Thanks for the advice! How do I do this? I certainly feel like I’m eating enough! Thanks again.

And we have many continual threads about what we eat! What we cook and bake!

Thanks for the advice! How do I do this? I certainly feel like I’m eating enough! Thanks again.
I'd suggest using an online nutrition calculator - see silva's post. A vitamin B12 supplement can be purchased online or in a health food shop or maybe in a pharmacy. It really depends on where you live.

Hi Hallie. I'm glad to hear that you became a vegetarian. I've been vegetarian for 4 years now and I'm making the transition for a vegan diet. I'm also creating a new YouTube channel. I hope you can find helpful information for your process in my new video. I'll be uploading content every week, including a vegan recipe on thursdays. Check my channel on Youtube: The vegan creation.

I hope you like it!!