Last Thing You Bought?

I just bought some locally made veggie pâté. I've made my own before, but wow, this stuff is like soooo good! It wasn't cheap, but just sooo good! I will go back for more without a doubt.

I just bought some locally made veggie pâté. I've made my own before, but wow, this stuff is like soooo good! It wasn't cheap, but just sooo good! I will go back for more without a doubt.

I accidently made a good pate with sunflower seeds. I wanted to sub for cashews in a cheese, and when I realized that was just wasn't right at all, added thing to be more savory. Blended with a little water to a paste, added a touch of liquid smoke (or smoked paprika, or smoked salt) minced onion and garlic. Pretty sure I mixed in vegan mayo
Edit to add 'wasn't right". Sunflower seeds did not make a cheese taste--too savory

Last edited:
Reactions: Veganite
An eraser shield and 8 oz spray bottles for painting.
2 butternut squash for in oatmeal cookies, and for in a soup/stew we like.

Reactions: Veganite
I bought some clothes from a charity shop yesterday. I did get a nice black and white dotty Wallis dress. I also saw a cute elephant cuddly toy so I bought that on a whim too.

I had to order more wood stain and paintbrushes from Amazon too. Also some more storage boxes for my winter clothes.

Reactions: shyvas
4 tubs of vegan ice cream at Lidl's which were on so. They don't normally stock any so I picked up a few for the freezer. They were cheaper than (€2.29) B&J's but they don't taste great. I suppose it because I don't like overly sweet ice cream with chunks of chocolate etc in mine.;)

1623231115249.png1623231230900.png

Reactions: KLS52 and Raven
4 tubs of vegan ice cream at Lidl's which were on so. They don't normally stock any so I picked up a few for the freezer. They were cheaper than (€2.29) B&J's but they don't taste great. I suppose it because I don't like overly sweet ice cream with chunks of chocolate etc in mine.;)

View attachment 24719View attachment 24720

I didn't like them. :worried: They were far too sweet (water and sugar (glucose syrup) were N° 1 & 2 ingredients. Moreover, the ice cream wasn't creamy plus it contained tons of overly sweet cheap biscuits/cake bits and poor quality chocolat chips. It's a shame as these kind of brands of plant based desserts give vegan food a bad reputation.

Give me Oatly,Alpro & Swedish glace anytime! Good quality, creamy and not too sweet tasting ice cream!

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven
I’m excited to try these! The bacon seasoning is good…I sprinkled some on my avocado toast. Son even said it was good.
1B890AE0-7207-42A1-BD25-DCE962418A25.jpeg

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Did the bac'n seasoning taste like smoked paprika at all? I am not a fan of that, but I like smoked salt, and liquid smoke
Actually, I should get smoked Maldon salt, I've had it in my cart a long time.
I miss bulk spices. I wonder if stores will bring them back

Did the bac'n seasoning taste like smoked paprika at all? I am not a fan of that, but I like smoked salt, and liquid smoke
Actually, I should get smoked Maldon salt, I've had it in my cart a long time.
I miss bulk spices. I wonder if stores will bring them back
It was a little smoky but I usually hate anything smoked. This was mild. I don’t know what smoked paprika tastes like.

It was a little smoky but I usually hate anything smoked. This was mild. I don’t know what smoked paprika tastes like.
It tastes like paprika,but smokey :laughing:
I'm not a fan of paprika,
I do use the smoked paprika in some things, were there are other spices

It tastes like paprika,but smokey :laughing:
I'm not a fan of paprika,
I do use the smoked paprika in some things, were there are other spices
Ha! I honestly didn’t think paprika had much of a flavor. I rarely use it other than to sprinkle on potato or pasta salad for color.

I have a split pea soup recipe that asks for smoked paprika or liquid smoke
I go with liquid smoke, although I loved smoked salt.
I have used smoked paprika in lentil soup, but with so many other spices it blends well,
My son really likes it, so we always have it

I used to think paprika was just for color until I had some better, or maybe fresher? paprika that tasted 'fresh peppery'
I eat raw peppers, but I don't like them

It tastes fabulous and adds lots of depth and flavour to many dishes. I use it when making many dishes as I like smoky flavours plus the taste of peppers. Ordinary paprika is great for adding colour and gives food a slight kick without the heat or smokiness.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
It tastes fabulous and adds lots of depth and flavour to many dishes. I use it when making many dishes as I like smoky flavours plus the taste of peppers. Ordinary paprika is great for adding colour and gives food a slight kick without the heat or smokiness.

I can do regular but not smoked. I’ll have to try the regular more. It’s interesting that if I’m trying a new recipe it never seems to call for paprika! I’ll just add it myself and see what happens.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Hahahahaha :rofl:look what I just found in my spice collection lol. It expired January 7, 2014. 😁 I must have bought it for something specific and never used it again.
9342A956-1CA7-4897-BD4E-44BF8461B962.jpeg