Last Thing You Bought?

That's interesting. I find my vacuum very impractical and I oftentimes hurt my toes whilst using it because I'm tired and clumsy. How effective the handheld vacuum is compared to a normal one?
To be honest, the handheld is just for "little" pickups. There is no comparison to a full sized upright vacuum cleaner. It does pick up the clumps of fur, kitty litter trails, and other little stuff. It works pretty good in the car for sand and small debris. I use it for "spot cleaning" and drag out the big one a couple times a month.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
To be honest, the handheld is just for "little" pickups. There is no comparison to a full sized upright vacuum cleaner. It does pick up the clumps of fur, kitty litter trails, and other little stuff. It works pretty good in the car for sand and small debris. I use it for "spot cleaning" and drag out the big one a couple times a month.
Hmm... Damn. But thank you anyways.

I think I was on my second or third cordless handheld when I got tired of replacing them (their batteries are not replaceable and wear out). so I bought a corded one. It has a long cord and is pretty powerful.
However I don't like it. It lives in the linen closet instead of above the refrigerator. and the cord needs to be wound and unwound each time you use it. Seems like by the time you get it out and plugged in you would have already finished using the cord free job. Plus I don't have an outlet near where I park my car and doing the car was one of the cordless's most important uses. If I had it to do over again I would get a cordless.

@StrangeOtter, there are some vacuum cleaners that are between a hand held and a typical vacuum cleaner. If you don't have too many square feet of carpet you could probably do ok with one of those. I would recommend going to an appliance store and asking for help. These places also have floor models and you can try them out.
There probably is a correct nomenclature that I don't know for these. So I don't know about googling it.

Most of these smaller vacuum cleaners don't have "power heads". For small jobs that is ok but for regular vacuuming that is not ok. but some have powerheads. Also despite what I said at the beginning of this post I would stay away from cordless - unless they had replaceable batteries.

Aposen and Bissen seem to be the leaders in this type of vacuum. And they have models with power heads and replaceable batteries. but still not really suitable for a large room.

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 3018
I got a handheld a few months ago and it broke within a month. I returned it to Amazon.

We called them tennis shoes back in the 1960’s, but at some point the name morphed into sneakers. And flip flops we used to call rubber sandals. If I used the phrase rubber sandals now, people unfamiliar with the phrase would think of something entirely different.
We called the rubber flip flops thongs... 😳
Not sure when that changed.

It is a shame about the cords, which are very powerful, but inconvienent, and the batteries, which aren't as much (AFAIK) and dont' last long enough.

I'm so happy the only carpet is on the stairs and my sons upstairs room. He probably doesn't vaccuum enough. We have an old Shark upright bagless I should really really clean today! It's also used in the cat room and to clean the air filter thing

I now regret my decision to not replace my refrigerator about 3 years ago. It was left here, nothing wrong with it just the typical top freezer you need tro contort yourself to get in the back of the fridge shelves. Anyway, the bottom or even French doors I wanted were under 1000., now I've been seeing them no less than 1600. when on sale :confounded:
...and used cars! I'm not shopping for one, but every ad I see has a crazy inflated price!
Seems everything you plan for in future years gets farther and farther away. A big project I wanted was a bathroom remodel to have the tub removed, the large window changed or gone, and just have a glass door enclosed shower instead. I'd like that sooner rather than later, but it's certainly not in site. Hope I can have the house paid in 6 years, and an equity loan I think has 10 left

It is a shame about the cords, which are very powerful, but inconvienent, and the batteries, which aren't as much (AFAIK) and dont' last long enough.

I'm so happy the only carpet is on the stairs and my sons upstairs room. He probably doesn't vaccuum enough. We have an old Shark upright bagless I should really really clean today! It's also used in the cat room and to clean the air filter thing

I now regret my decision to not replace my refrigerator about 3 years ago. It was left here, nothing wrong with it just the typical top freezer you need tro contort yourself to get in the back of the fridge shelves. Anyway, the bottom or even French doors I wanted were under 1000., now I've been seeing them no less than 1600. when on sale :confounded:
...and used cars! I'm not shopping for one, but every ad I see has a crazy inflated price!
Seems everything you plan for in future years gets farther and farther away. A big project I wanted was a bathroom remodel to have the tub removed, the large window changed or gone, and just have a glass door enclosed shower instead. I'd like that sooner rather than later, but it's certainly not in site. Hope I can have the house paid in 6 years, and an equity loan I think has 10 left
I wonder if the inflated prices are covid related. Maybe it will go back down over time?

I ordered an Umidigi smart watch. I had a Fitbit for a few years, but it didn't last very long and getting it replaced was super annoying. This one is way cheaper, so I won't feel as bad if it doesn't last. My friend has one and she really likes it. I think with tax it was $42. Much better than $130, which is what I paid or the Fitbit. Plus, this watch has pins on the band, so it can be fixed or the band replaced if necessary.

Reactions: Raven and Chryssie
An energy dome to reflect energy lost from my occipital lobe onto my medulla oblongata.

Also a bunch of veggie burgers and siracha.

Re the handheld vacuum: I had a Dustbuster in my condo, but my sister insisted on getting rid of it when I moved into assisted living, because she said I no longer needed it. She was wrong. 😡 So I got a tiny little dustpan and broom attachment from Amazon. It’s not perfect, but I’ve used it to sweep up loose hair from the bathroom floor.

1619332805353.png

These handles (crystal and chrome) to revamp my chest of drawers in the bedroom. I used someone's Amazon Prime and they will be delivered
on Tuesday.

Reactions: Chryssie