Last Thing You Bought?

I ordered these because the masks are making me crazy as my glasses fog up! I hope they work!

the trick to keep your glasses from fogging is that they have to be very clean.
If you don't already have a lint-free cloth and a little spray bottle of alcohol in your purse you can usually buy them at a drug store. You can even make your own "little spray bottle of alcohol" from stuff around the house. :)

I clean my glasses before leaving the house. (and wash my mask at night*).

and yes in a pinch you can spit on your glasses and use the tail end of your shirt.

If you work in a dusty environment you may have to clean your glasses more frequently than once a day.

* to keep your fabric mask clean, just let it soak in hot soapy water for at least 20 minutes. Rinse it, then let it line dry.

Reactions: KLS52
the trick to keep your glasses from fogging is that they have to be very clean.
If you don't already have a lint-free cloth and a little spray bottle of alcohol in your purse you can usually buy them at a drug store. You can even make your own "little spray bottle of alcohol" from stuff around the house. :)

I clean my glasses before leaving the house. (and wash my mask at night*).

and yes in a pinch you can spit on your glasses and use the tail end of your shirt.

If you work in a dusty environment you may have to clean your glasses more frequently than once a day.

* to keep your fabric mask clean, just let it soak in hot soapy water for at least 20 minutes. Rinse it, then let it line dry.
I have used the mask bracket a couple of times at work and they really do help! They keep the mask from sticking to your face so you can breathe and talk better. My glasses have not fogged up while using it either. I always clean my glasses really well before going to work. I wash my masks with dish soap and hot water as soon as I get home and now of course I wash the bracket as well. I gave a couple of them to my fellow cashiers but I don't know if they are using them. I got 10 of them in a pack and I don't need that many!

I ordered some isolation shorts.

However, I spend quite a bit of money since yesterday. More than planned at least. Oy!!

I have used the mask bracket a couple of times at work and they really do help! They keep the mask from sticking to your face so you can breathe and talk better. My glasses have not fogged up while using it either. I always clean my glasses really well before going to work. I wash my masks with dish soap and hot water as soon as I get home and now of course I wash the bracket as well. I gave a couple of them to my fellow cashiers but I don't know if they are using them. I got 10 of them in a pack and I don't need that many!
I got the ten pack too and gave some away. I haven’t used it in awhile. I’ll have to try again and see about the fogging.

Reactions: Chryssie
From Vitacost:
Three pouches of Tasty Bite Indian Madras Lentils, vegan, heat in pouch, arrived today
Rainbow Light Counter Attack vitamin C, arrived today
1 bag Xochitl tortilla chips, on its way
3 pouches of Tasty Bite instant Basmati rice to go with the lentils, on their way

From Walmart:
1 case of Fiji bottled water
1 Aveeno hand lotion
1 Dove body wash, unscented
2 packages Pepperidge Farm Mint Milano cookies
4 packages Red Vines black licorice
1 box Reynolds Wrap precut foil sheets
1 Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Remover
1 pair purple/maroon Athletic Works jogger sweatpants

They’re all on their way. I had a bunch of regular athletic/leisure sweatpants from this brand which I really liked; they’re drawstring with pockets, very comfortable and soft, but the wide hems were causing a problem for me. Beyond the fact that the wide hem style itself no longer looks right for me, the hems gave me some mobility problems and posed a fall risk by getting wrapped around my ankles or caught in or on something. So I thought I’d try the jogger version, with its narrow hems. If I like it, I’ll buy the other colors in my size. Unfortunately not every color is available in my size, but I can use some comfortable leisure pants for cooler weather that aren’t jeans. I’ve pulled out all the regular sweatpants and bagged them up, ready to be donated to someone who doesn’t have to worry about mobility problems.

Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
I bought this air purifier. I got a "flash sale" price of $50.

From Vitacost:
Three pouches of Tasty Bite Indian Madras Lentils, vegan, heat in pouch, arrived today
Rainbow Light Counter Attack vitamin C, arrived today
1 bag Xochitl tortilla chips, on its way
3 pouches of Tasty Bite instant Basmati rice to go with the lentils, on their way

From Walmart:
1 case of Fiji bottled water
1 Aveeno hand lotion
1 Dove body wash, unscented
2 packages Pepperidge Farm Mint Milano cookies
4 packages Red Vines black licorice
1 box Reynolds Wrap precut foil sheets
1 Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Remover
1 pair purple/maroon Athletic Works jogger sweatpants

They’re all on their way. I had a bunch of regular athletic/leisure sweatpants from this brand which I really liked; they’re drawstring with pockets, very comfortable and soft, but the wide hems were causing a problem for me. Beyond the fact that the wide hem style itself no longer looks right for me, the hems gave me some mobility problems and posed a fall risk by getting wrapped around my ankles or caught in or on something. So I thought I’d try the jogger version, with its narrow hems. If I like it, I’ll buy the other colors in my size. Unfortunately not every color is available in my size, but I can use some comfortable leisure pants for cooler weather that aren’t jeans. I’ve pulled out all the regular sweatpants and bagged them up, ready to be donated to someone who doesn’t have to worry about mobility problems.
I know exactly what you mean about the sweat pants. I bought some that I could put on and take off over my shoes. For going to the gym in the mornings. but I kept stepping on the bottom of them.
I now just have ones with elastic bottoms.

Reactions: Amy SF
I went to my local health food shop and got the following:
A large jar of Veganaise
Violife cheddar shreds
Earth Balance cheddar puffs
Gardein sausage patties
Earth Balance buttery sticks

It occurs to me that none of the above is particularly healthy, haha!

Reactions: Amy SF
Dang it! I was just at the store and forgot to look vegan stick spread! I wanted Country Crock almond oil sticks for pecan sandies! :fp:
I did get cranberries, broccoli, bag of stuffing, walnuts, and wanted Aldi sparkling wine calender thing--but that must be for next week! I always make the mistake of looking at the next ad online!

I loved the Violife cheddar shreds!

Dang it! I was just at the store and forgot to look vegan stick spread! I wanted Country Crock almond oil sticks for pecan sandies! :fp:
I did get cranberries, broccoli, bag of stuffing, walnuts, and wanted Aldi sparkling wine calender thing--but that must be for next week! I always make the mistake of looking at the next ad online!

I loved the Violife cheddar shreds!
Oooo, pecan sandies! I haven't made those in ages. The Violife shreds rock. I just made a broccoli cheese casserole with the shreds, and it came out pretty darn good. I was afraid it wouldn't have enough zip (not as sharp as actual cheddar) so I put a dash of vegan Worcestershire sauce in the mix, and it totally did the trick. It's supposed to be for tomorrow, but I had to try a bite or two. Delicious! Violife seems to melt a lot better than some of the other vegan cheeses as well. Very pleased!

View attachment 23003

From H&B with an extra 25% discount off the price. Quite good value for money.
Oh my God. I remember Faith In Nature shampoo. It dried out my skin, scalp and hair so badly it was horrible. I used it in 2013.
Luckily, Ole Hyvä shampoo has worked for me and it's vegan.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Random stuff from Amazon - socks for hubbie, incense sticks, vegan vitamins and protein powder. Oh yes, dog toys too.

I also made a donation to a homeless charity as I thought how they must be struggling with Covid.