Land use for meat production in the usa

I love Mic. Although I don't always agree about him on oil in the diet, he's always right on about environmental science, his background is in sustainability and environment like my own.

His foil is Unnatural Vegan. She has an excellent background in philosophy and really cares about food and nutrition, but she's AWFUL at science. When she tries to argue Mic on science she just pisses me off. She has no idea what she's talking about, she recommends synthetic fertilizers just because they're technically vegan and doesn't comprehend the big picture ecological devastation of GMOs.

Mic is one of my You Tube vegan heroes. Only Vegan Gains gets environmental science as much but then again he's Canadian and much more abrasive than Mic.

Sometimes I wish Mic would drop the oil free talk to broaden his environmental messages.

Only Vegan Gains gets environmental science as much but then again he's Canadian?? and much more abrasive than Mic.

Sometimes I wish Mic would drop the oil free talk to broaden his environmental messages.

And that means?

How would that broaden his message? I don't see how the two things are related.

I no longer subject myself to Unnatural Vegan and haven't yet watched Vegans Gains.

Emma JC

And that means?

How would that broaden his message? I don't see how the two things are related.

I no longer subject myself to Unnatural Vegan and haven't yet watched Vegans Gains.

Emma JC

Oh sorry it's a joke and actually in favor of Canadians since it is principally Americans who resist facts about environmental devastation or climate change. The suggestion is that Vegan Gains has an electric scooter because Canadians are automatically smarter about the environment (which I realize isn't always true, thus the jokiness of it). I went out on a few dates with a Canadian once. He told me their right wing is our Left and we don't even have a true left.

It would help Mic with his audience if he focused on one thing. I'm enough of a scientist to appreciate him even when I disagree with him on nutrition, but some people get distracted overly much about him being oil free. He's super smart and factual about things like land use I hate that anyone ignores him because they like olive oil on their pasta.

S'okay we can take jokes, we are so polite. LOL

We do have our own Right wing, which unfortunately just came into power in Ontario, he is trying to be a DJT in looks and manners and policies. You get what you vote for!!

Just a thought.... maybe if you believe Mic is super smart then maybe he has a point on the oil? maybe he has researched it thoroughly? I am also mostly oil free however my spouse likes to have some oil on his pasta on Saturday nights and so I enjoy it along with him because peace and harmony and the enjoyment of our meal rules over whether one tablespoon of olive oil a week is healthy.

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou

I don't. He challenged me and I'm glad he did. I'm very glad he did his "oil, the vegan killer" videos, it helped to inform me more and influenced my decision to give up on isolated oils.

Leaving aside every single point Mic makes in his videos on oil (and in my estimation, they are all excellent), he is missing a simple one:

All energy that is not glucose takes the B complex vitamins and certain minerals to metabolize it and turn it into energy. Refined sugar has none of those B vitamins or minerals at 4 calories per gram. Oil has none of those B vitamins and minerals at 9 calories per gram.

Wikipedia "empty calorie" said:
The error of considering energy foods as adequate nutrition was first scientifically demonstrated by François Magendie by experiments on dogs and described in his Précis élementaire de Physiologie. He showed that only sugar, or only olive oil, or only butter, each led to the death of his test animals in 30 to 40 days.[3]

Footnote #3: Magendie, F. (1816) "Sur les propriétés nutritives des substances qui ne contiennent pas d’ azote", Annales de Chimie (ser. 2) 3:66-77, 408–410.

Reactions: Lou
S'okay we can take jokes, we are so polite. LOL

We do have our own Right wing, which unfortunately just came into power in Ontario, he is trying to be a DJT in looks and manners and policies. You get what you vote for!!

Just a thought.... maybe if you believe Mic is super smart then maybe he has a point on the oil? maybe he has researched it thoroughly? I am also mostly oil free however my spouse likes to have some oil on his pasta on Saturday nights and so I enjoy it along with him because peace and harmony and the enjoyment of our meal rules over whether one tablespoon of olive oil a week is healthy.

Emma JC

The evidence on climate change is much more overwhelming world wide than the evidence on oil. Mic actually has a degree in environmental sustainability and has barely begun his degree in nutrition.

Mic has a background in environmental science. It shows in his numbers, his stats, his facts, his sources. Just because someone is super smart in their area doesn't mean they know everything. This is a problem with many many people, including the illustrious Unnatural Vegan who prides her self on Socratic discussion but fails deeply in comprehension of aquatic dead zones. It's not vegan if it's killing wildlife.

I think Mic should pick his battles. Environmental and vegan is more important than dietary.