Lab-grown dairy proteins

That's probably the last cheese I'd miss :laughing:
What do you think of Follow Your Heart?
I really don't remember a thing about how parm tastes, but I like FYH
I was thinking about that -- who tastes tests vegan cheeses? Do they pay people who eat dairy as taste testers?
I compared some vegan cheddar to dairy cheddar kinda recently and preferred the vegan. I know better than to do that with pizza cheese :rofl:
Yeah, the health factor would be a big deal. I know quite a few omnis who've given up dairy and totally recommend it!
I have some FYH Parm in the frig right now. it's ok. I think go veggie is better.

I am starting to feel those taste tests and reviews of food products are almost useless

Huh.

I wonder if we need a veggie replacement phrase for one man's meat is another man's poison

One person's treat?

I wonder how "Vegelicious" non-dairy milk powder stacks up? It used to be one of my favorite non-dairy "milks", and interestingly enough, it wasn't soy-based. It had far less protein than milk or most other milk substitutes, but it was fortified with calcium (and B-12, I think). Hmmm... this might be a bit off-topic for this thread, because if I remember correctly, it wasn't lab-synthesized. It was made with plant proteins which you'd never think would taste anything like milk. I haven't heard if that company ever made a cheese substitute.

I wonder how "Vegelicious" non-dairy milk powder stacks up? It used to be one of my favorite non-dairy "milks", and interestingly enough, it wasn't soy-based. It had far less protein than milk or most other milk substitutes, but it was fortified with calcium (and B-12, I think). Hmmm... this might be a bit off-topic for this thread, because if I remember correctly, it wasn't lab-synthesized. It was made with plant proteins which you'd never think would taste anything like milk. I haven't heard if that company ever made a cheese substitute.
Never heard of vegelicious. Google has some hits but not for a milk sub.

meanwhile, the Everything Non-Dairy Thread is all about that kind of stuff.