Because, Animals-World's 1st Cultured Meat for Pets

LoreD

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Lab grown mouse meat cat food.

The final feline-approved formula for Harmless Hunt™ Mouse Cookies for Cats includes cultured mouse blended with other nutritious and tasty cultured ingredients, such as tempeh, miso, nutritional yeast and more. "Taste tests" showed even finicky cats enjoyed the novel mouse protein treats – the species-appropriate, ancestral diet of the cat.

By using mouse cells, Harmless Hunt™ avoids the most prevalent food allergens in pets — beef and poultry. Since it is produced in a sterile, controlled environment, it is free of antibiotics and pathogens, and contains no slaughterhouse by-products or rendered ingredients.

Cultured meat is safer and healthier for cats and dogs, better for the environment, and more humane than conventional products. In the United States alone, more than a quarter of the environmental effects of the animal agriculture industry are directly attributable to pet foods. In addition to reducing environmental harm, cultured meat requires no animals to be raised inhumanely for slaughter, and poses no risk to pets and public health through bacterial contamination, antibiotic resistance, or zoonotic diseases, such as COVID-19.

About Because, Animals
Because, Animals, founded in 2016, is the first and only biotech company bringing clean cultured meat to the growing pet food market. Because, Animals begins with humanely harvested cells, nourished by inputs to multiply and grow, for pet foods that are safer, healthier, and more sustainable than any conventional factory farmed pet foods. Because, Animals has innovated a proprietary alternative to fetal bovine serum, a growth media ingredient inhumanely obtained from the slaughter of pregnant cows that is typically used to produce other cell-based meats. The company intends to release a limited batch of its first cultured meat products at the end of 2021.

Last edited:
No need for this. Vegan Cat foods exist since over 30 years.

No recalls No issues. Cats thrive on them live to 20 years old
www.vegepets.com
lists world suppliers.

My cat is vegan fed since 12 weeks old. Healthy thriving cat.

What any animal needs to thrive are Nutrients measured balanced specifics.

Reactions: vegan89 and Lou
Thank you. If feeding cats vegan food, please make sure they get a taurine supplement or they will go blind.
Dogs are able to handle vegan dog food, but i would give them a probiotic and raw food added in.
I do not believe in "cultured" meat, or, "clean meat". It is a way for the meat industry to keep its' hold on
customers, and continue abusing animals. Large corporations support it, that should tell us something. Here is one article
about the subject, there are many more and video's which are very interesting. This about convincing Americans that
is is okay to continue consuming some animal-derived foods, and avoiding having to eat plants instead. cheers.
video

No need for this. Vegan Cat foods exist since over 30 years.

No recalls No issues. Cats thrive on them live to 20 years old
www.vegepets.com
lists world suppliers.

My cat is vegan fed since 12 weeks old. Healthy thriving cat.

What any animal needs to thrive are Nutrients measured balanced specifics.
People are telling me I need to get cat urine samples every couple weeks and get a veterinarian involved in order to safely attempt to feed a cat vegan cat food, even if buying the vegan cat food from a reputable vegan pet food company.

Assuming it goes well, I've heard the urine samples and vet visits can then be reduced to once every several months... but in any case, that's a real problem with vegan cat food.

So it would seem that ... at least for some cats, they have serious difficulty living well on a vegan diet... and this cultured or laboratory-produced "meat" that doesn't involve any actual animal slaughter might be a solution.

This doesn't sound any better than vegan cat food that's already around. Both are made from carbs that cats have trouble digesting and contribute very little, if any, nutrients. The only difference is that this one tastes like mice. I'll stick with their natural, meat based diet for now. At least animals aren't being killed for it, it's only the parts that would have been thrown away as humans won't eat them, but are still fine for animals.