Killing or Eating Predators Dilemma

Mangoman

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
  2. Raw vegan
Hello world.
I’ve watched Swami Nithyananda give explanation.
, but I’d very much appreciate further wisdom to counter when specifically asked if we can kill or eat animals that are predators when it’s so the other animals won’t be killed… a general consensus on this would really further the perspective. Thanks.
P.s. the link really helps explain the danger of imitating and all violence that non vegan 🌱 coordinates us to.
🙏,
Jamison P.

Hello world.
, but I’d very much appreciate further wisdom to counter when specifically asked if we can kill or eat animals that are predators when it’s so the other animals won’t be killed… a general consensus on this would really further the perspective. Thanks.
P.s. the link really helps explain the danger of imitating and all violence that non vegan 🌱 coordinates us to.
🙏,
Jamison
The difference in a carnivore and an omni or herbivore is their need to have nutrients pre-formulated in order to utilize those nutrients. They need to eat other animals. When nature is left to be, prey animals will control their populations based on the number of predatory animals. When humans unnaturally interfere the whole make up of populations is disrupted
Why would you feel ok with killing predatory animals and not others? Looking at it that way is a slippery slope, as humans are the most destructive animals of all!
Human interference in the nature of other wild animals is simply another show of hubris, and a very dangerous one.

Hello world.
🙏,
Jamison P.

Well, first of all, we're vegetarians and vegans. We don't eat animals, so it's a moot point.

Second, if you kill the predator, you risk throwing the balance of nature out of whack

In most situations, it's best for humans to keep their hands off of the "natural order".

Well, first of all, we're vegetarians and vegans. We don't eat animals, so it's a moot point.

Second, if you kill the predator, you risk throwing the balance of nature out of whack

In most situations, it's best for humans to keep their hands off of the "natural order".

Almost every place you go the natural order is already disrupted.
but yeah the less interference the better.

in so many cases when wolves were hunted the deer overpopulated and either starved or got diseased. and in other cases wolves were re-introduced and the deer population got healthier.

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
but I’d very much appreciate further wisdom to counter when specifically asked if we can kill or eat animals that are predators when it’s so the other animals won’t be killed… a general consensus on this would really further the perspective.
I don't really understand the question nor the relevance of the video to the question.

Veganism is about human behaviour, so it addresses the choices we make and their impact on other species. It isn't concerned with whether it is right or wrong, good or bad, that other species kill and eat each other.

If you are vegan purely for some kind of sentimental reason, eg you don't like hurting or killing animals, then you wouldn't kill and eat any animal whether herbivore or predator. If you are vegan on ethical grounds, then you believe we should treat other animals justly. On those grounds, you'd not choose to kill and eat any animal whether herbivore or predator.

Creatures eat each other. If the predator is going to eat the human it makes sense for the human to kill the predator. Kill or be killed. (And eaten ha ha)

Reactions: Calliegirl and Lou
Predators know no better. We do. We do wrong when we willfully do that which our conscience forbids. If the predator is coming for you, you have as much right to survive as it does, so killing isn't wrong in that case, but otherwise, why kill unnecessarily?

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I try to be a vegan because I believe that kindness is a virtue that distinguishes humans from other beings. I believe that kindness is the hallmark of civilization, the essence of humanity, and the highest law of my being. I strive to be intrinsically kind, expecting no reward, fearing no punishment, and requiring no motives, commandments, or religion for my kindness. And, I do not regard humans as fundamentally different from other animals. I believe other animals are just as capable of suffering as humans are and that they are appropriate objects for our emotions of compassion, loving kindness and empathy. Therefore, I have powerful reasons not to cause them unnecessary suffering and to refrain from harming or killing or eating them.

Reactions: KLS52
Hello world.
🙏,
Jamison P.
Which predator animals, specifically?

Lions, tigers, and great white sharks are predators, but they are also endangered species.

Wolves are predators (endangered in some regions, but plentiful in others). However, they used to be endangered (Management of Wolves), and I don't think we want to endanger them again.

Domestic cats are predators, and very plentiful, but I don't think people would prefer to eat them.

If someone wants to eat an endangered species, I think everyone would agree that those people are worthless losers.

• Agree
Reactions: silva
Killing predators will ruin the ecosystem so many places. The nature is best being left alone, with no interference of human being. Some animals are carnivore, we need to live and accept that.

To kill pretators means litterally wiping out so much of the animals that are on this planet. And that's not even vegetarian, vegan or etihical in any way. It's no difference between killing a deer than a wolf, even though you put into some justice in your thoughts with "well, then the deer wouldn't be eaten by the wolf".

Here in the UK foxes have been abducting peoples pet cats. Now we have Big Cats that abduct foxes. The idea was to free the fox.
I can't find any information about this online. Do you have any links? Where does your information come from?

I will try and find you something. It might take me a few hours.
The Next Door website was on the subject of foxes taking peoples pet cats. It is a community webpage. I am not with it any more but just remembered where i had seen it.
It was not just one or two people saying they had that experience it was common place.
I just tried googleing it and there was not anything on the subject but i know what i read and those people knew that was what was happening.

Last edited: