Just started being vegan today!

Damn...not a fan of peppers but that looks awesome!

Yum Crazycatlady!

I made a roasted veg pizza last week and lazily used a vegan premade crust from the grocery store. It was still pretty good though! Drizzled balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing on top after cooking. :D

And if you wanted some fat and protein on that pizza, to make up for the lack of cheese, you could add hummus....I have tried that, and :lick:

When I can, and if I have room in my freezer, I get the Redwoods(V-Bites) pizza....ok, they're just ordinary pizzas, but they are a comfort type food to me..I don't bother with the oven any more, I like them just microwaved.

Me, too, shyvas, but when I don't have vegan cheese, I use pesto as a base. It's yum.

Do you make your own pesto? I haven't found a vegan one anywhere yet :-( haven't looked hard tbh tho as I really enjoy my veggie only pizza! Xxx
Yes, I sub nutritional yeast flakes for the cheese and I typically use walnuts instead of pine nuts because they are cheaper.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady
Oooo, I always have almonds. I will have to try that for something different.

Reactions: shyvas
You can really use any basic pesto recipe and just swap the basil with spinach. I have used this Martha Stewart recipe two times now and have had really good results. Also, I omit the cheese. After the pasta is cooked, I add a little melted EB and about 2-3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast directly to the pasta. It adds a nice rich flavor.

I am posting this from my phone so I hope the formatting isn't messed up. If it is, I will fix it when I'm on my desktop. :)

INGREDIENTS

12 ounces fettuccine
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (optional)
2 tablespoons pine nuts, plus more for serving (optional)
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon grated zest plus 2 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil

DIRECTIONS

STEP 1
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; immediately drain pasta, and return to pot.

STEP 2
While pasta is cooking, place spinach, Parmesan, nuts, garlic, and lemon zest and juice in a food processor. Process until a paste forms. With motor running, add oil and 1/4 cup cold water; process until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Add to pasta; toss, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time until sauce is thinned slightly and coats fettuccine (you may not need all the water). Serve, sprinkled with additional Parmesan and nuts, if desired.

And if you wanted some fat and protein on that pizza, to make up for the lack of cheese, you could add hummus....I have tried that, and :lick:

When I can, and if I have room in my freezer, I get the Redwoods(V-Bites) pizza....ok, they're just ordinary pizzas, but they are a comfort type food to me..I don't bother with the oven any more, I like them just microwaved.

I love hummus on pizza. It's way better than a cheeseless saucy pizza. The hummus adds a rich creamy texture and also helps the veggies stay on better than regular pizza sauce.

Reactions: PTree15
You can really use any basic pesto recipe and just swap the basil with spinach. I have used this Martha Stewart recipe two times now and have had really good results. Also, I omit the cheese. After the pasta is cooked, I add a little melted EB and about 2-3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast directly to the pasta. It adds a nice rich flavor.

I am posting this from my phone so I hope the formatting isn't messed up. If it is, I will fix it when I'm on my desktop. :)

INGREDIENTS

12 ounces fettuccine
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving (optional)
2 tablespoons pine nuts, plus more for serving (optional)
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon grated zest plus 2 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil

DIRECTIONS

STEP 1
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; immediately drain pasta, and return to pot.

STEP 2
While pasta is cooking, place spinach, Parmesan, nuts, garlic, and lemon zest and juice in a food processor. Process until a paste forms. With motor running, add oil and 1/4 cup cold water; process until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Add to pasta; toss, adding reserved pasta water a little at a time until sauce is thinned slightly and coats fettuccine (you may not need all the water). Serve, sprinkled with additional Parmesan and nuts, if desired.

I'll have to try this, I'm not a big fan of basil.

Reactions: KLS52