• Maybe, it depends

Results are only viewable after voting.

foofoo

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hey foofo here :blush:

I'm a vegan newbie who tries to figure out the veggie dating scene since my transition. I've joined few Facebook groups but I was wondering if you guys know of any dating sites out there? Maybe we could create a repertoire.

So far I've visited those sites but most of them since to be down and very old:
There's a new one I've found that looks awesome and modern! I have yet to create a profile but maybe you guys have heard of it? I think it was made by vegan volunteers which is neat.
Anyway, let me know if you have other apps to suggest, that'd be really nice :yum

Reactions: Lou
My last long-term romantic entanglement was with an omni I met right before I began going vegan nearly a decade ago. At first I did dumb things like let him eat a cheeseburger in front of me while I sipped at my diet Coke, but later I told him matter-of-factly my ethics, and from that point he never ate meat in front of me and if I gave him food, it was plant-based/vegan. If he didn't like it he could buy his own food or eat elsewhere.

I've had good luck with omni guys who liked me who took me to a vegan restaurant on a date, was a good sport about ordering a vegan pizza with me, or respectfully at least wouldn't eat meat in front of me.

I once was in a relationship long time ago (my first real love) with an omni who mocked me when I was vegetarian (at the time) by saying things like River Phoenix wouldn't have died if he had a steak, stupid things like that - I would NEVER tolerate that now, and I would also not date someone who was comfortable eating meat openly in front of me.

I'm still open to dating an omni who could is open to being "flexitarian" i.e. hardly ever consumes animal products and not in front of me, but I prefer having a partner who is at least vegetarian. I'm single now and have a male friend I've known for half my life who has been a lacto-ovo vegetarian since he was 12. I admire the fact he was brave and strong enough to stand up for animals at such a young age, even if he isn't vegan now. Someone like that would be a really good candidate for me, though the ideal is a vegan mate, obviously. It's sad there are fewer vegan men. Vegetarians are about equal to women.

Reactions: Amanda90
I would support this dating app or website 100%. It's been 5 years now since I've been in a relationship. I've had opportunities, I just feel like our morals and values never line up. I feel like women have liked the idea of my choices and values but don't actually agree with them. Those are the ingredients for a disastrous relationship.

I agree Mathias - I could not stay with someone whose values are so completely different - my spouse and I met online back in 2000 and there are some things that we don't agree on however our journey to plant based eating was taken together with ups and downs along the way. I remember a conversation we had, before we met in person, that was about "garlic" and how we could never tolerate dating someone that didn't love garlic. Little did we know that all vegetables and starches would become vital to us, not just garlic.

All the best with your search! Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
I have been on so many dates... and I wish I could say that the most exciting ones were with Vegans, sadly that was not the case, mostly due to the numbers. I have only been on 3 dates with Vegan chicks (basically every vegan chick I managed to ask out, hot or not) and countless times with meat-eating ones.

If I had the luxury to live in a city full of Vegans I would probably want to avoid meat-eating chicks as much as possible, just reject them, focus solely on Vegan girls, but unfortunately that's not the case, some of us are hungry so we need to adapt.

That's not what I'm looking at when starting relationships. Being a Vegan must be one's person own decision

That's not what I'm looking at when starting relationships. Being a Vegan must be one's person own decision

Being a vegan is one's own decision and as with every other trait that is important or unimportant to us, when searching for a mate, what someone eats regularly is as important as whether they are a thief or a liar etc. I could not be in a relationship with a vegan who ate only junk food or didn't love garlic or spices or ate only raw etc.

I found my spouse online back in 2000 and I believe the reason for my success in finding him was that I was very specific in my search and my knowledge of what I wanted and what I didn't want. Vegan was not a word in my vocabulary, back then, and yet I managed to find someone with whom I could learn and grow as a person and over the years we made our way to this whole food plant-based lifestyle and I am thankful for that. I knew, back then, that I couldn't have someone in my life that didn't share something as simple as my love for garlic so the thought of trying to make my life fit with someone who's eating habits don't fit somewhat closely to mine would be challenging. We spend hours of every day, eating, planning to eat, shopping to eat, cooking and cleaning up after eating - that is a lot of time to be in conflict. IMO

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou and Sax
I agree with Emma,

For hygienic reasons (when you go down on someone), practical reasons (have you tried explaining buying vegan condoms to a non-vegan? By the time you are done explaining you could already been inside of her), and ethical reasons (you can treat her to all the vegan restaurants around, no dilemmas).... life is simply a lot easier with a Vegan girlfriend/partner, too bad most girls are not Vegan. :(

The thought of totally ridding our diets of animal products, from creamy Brie to steak and milk chocolate, is enough to make some of us want to lie down in a dark room. But for committed vegans, the choice to ditch anything causes harm to animals, the environment, and your health is an easy one to make.
Still, that doesn’t make living in a meat-and-dairy-obsessed world any easier. And a vegan’s lifestyle choices trickle down to what they wear to who they love. It’s those people that vegan dating sites are here to help.
In the decade following 2006, veganism has gradually become a more mainstream lifestyle choice, prompting a 360 percent rise in those giving it a go in the UK. But while the number of people dabbling in a plant-based existence has crawled upwards, the figures of those sticking to it aren’t quite so positive. Separate research in the US, where levels of veganism have also shot up, show that 84 per cent of people can’t commit to a life where they can’t indulge in a beef burger once in a while.

My last long-term romantic entanglement was with an omni I met right before I began going vegan nearly a decade ago. At first I did dumb things like let him eat a cheeseburger in front of me while I sipped at my diet Coke, but later I told him matter-of-factly my ethics, and from that point he never ate meat in front of me and if I gave him food, it was plant-based/vegan. If he didn't like it he could buy his own food or eat elsewhere.

I've had good luck with omni guys who liked me who took me to a vegan restaurant on a date, was a good sport about ordering a vegan pizza with me, or respectfully at least wouldn't eat meat in front of me.

I once was in a relationship long time ago (my first real love) with an omni who mocked me when I was vegetarian (at the time) by saying things like River Phoenix wouldn't have died if he had a steak, stupid things like that - I would NEVER tolerate that now, and I would also not date someone who was comfortable eating meat openly in front of me.

I'm still open to dating an omni who could is open to being "flexitarian" i.e. hardly ever consumes animal products and not in front of me, but I prefer having a partner who is at least vegetarian. I'm single now and have a male friend I've known for half my life who has been a lacto-ovo vegetarian since he was 12. I admire the fact he was brave and strong enough to stand up for animals at such a young age, even if he isn't vegan now. Someone like that would be a really good candidate for me, though the ideal is a vegan mate, obviously. It's sad there are fewer vegan men. Vegetarians are about equal to women.
Hi,
I understand your frustration, but I have become ** very lonely because of my choice to be a Vegan man ** preferring to date a Vegan woman or at the very least a Vegetarian woman.
The smell and sight of dead flesh, let alone watching someone consume it is simply not me, it makes me feel physically sick, how on earth a Vegan or Vegetarian can kiss a dead flesh eater I will never understand, even if I got that far I would soon be throwing up, I know, I tried it once with an extremely attractive woman, believe me, there is no woman on this planet who is sufficiently attractive in both body and soul to make me change my mind!

That is what makes great sites like these so valuable, that when you feel you are the only vegan out there you can come and have a chat and contribute. As many here know, I watch a lot of vegan YouTubers and that also makes me feel part of a community and replaces the learning that we have done, in the past, in our mom's kitchen and our friend's kitchens and get tips and hacks and delicious food options and recipes and it helps to normalize eating and cooking whole food plant based.

There are also dating sites available that you can specify vegan / vegetarian etc (see the link in my signature for one of them). I believe you can even put the option of 'friend' if you are not actually looking for a soul mate or partner.

Emma JC

Met a guy who eats a lot of vegan dietary staples (rice, veggies, oatmeal with hemp/nuts, fruit, lentil curry) but has his own pasture chickens who he treats very kindly from whom he collects eggs. He doesn't drink milk but still eats yogurt. He is like 90% vegetarian and very ethical about what he consumes...but apparently he occasionally eats meat. I haven't seen him eat any flesh yet but he's one of the only omnis I've been hopeful about in a while. He seems like someone who could "cross over" in the near future, at least to fully vegetarian. We'll see though if anything even develops between us though haha, could just be a friend.

Reactions: Deleted member 2819
I’m going to a Vegan/Vegetarian Singles meetup this Saturday. I’m excited!