Is sugar free jello pudding vegan?

Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Pretty much what the title says. I can't (for medical reasons) eat regular sugar so i love finding sugar free vegan stuff that's kinda like ice cream. I love the taste of the sugar free jello puddings but i'm wondering if they're vegan,
Here are the ingredients for the vanilla pudding:

INGREDIENTS: MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, CORN MALTODEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE AND DISODIUM PHOSPHATE (FOR THICKENING), CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, SALT, CALCIUM SULFATE, XANTHAN GUM, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES (PREVENTS FOAMING), ASPARTAME* AND ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (SWEETENERS), TETRAPOTASSIUM PYROPHOSPHATE, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, YELLOW 5, YELLOW 6, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, BHA (PRESERVATIVE). *PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE

and YES I know it's a bunch of processed junk but I only eat it every blue moon - so i'm not too concerned

Wow. there is almost no food in there. But its vegan.
It's one of those foods that go into the "accidentally vegan" category.

Maybe a better alternative is to blend frozen bananas. You know when bananas get overripe. peel them and freeze them. After they are frozen then just blend them. If you like it to be even more like ice cream, put the blended bananas back in the freezer for at least a couple of more hours.

You can also add fruit to the concoction. Blueberries or strawberries work great. My favorite is to add a tbsp of peanut butter.

It appears to be animal free but the jello you listed isn't something I'd personally call "food".

I made some ice cream the other night. Can't give the measurements, since I just sort of winged it. Adjust fat/oat/water ratio for desired creaminess/consistency and calorie content from fat:

https://veganforum.org/threads/what-did-you-eat-for-dinner-today.1359/page-26#post-15938

Edit: Also if you use peels like I do (no need unless you want t0), before you slice them to freeze wash them as they may contain pesticides if not organic.

Just buy Rice Dream or Vixen Kitchen? I get the nasty childhood stuff though. I will probably never give up Taco Bell until the apocalypse comes, hon. I want my refried beans on a deep fried shell with questionable guacamole and unidentifiable red sauce and some wilted iceburg lettuce. That's straight little girl.

Enjoy your pudding. I had to give up things like Blow Pops and that sort of thing when I became vegan and started really looking at the packages. I am not going to consume Red 40 when I could drink alcohol and get drunk. I look at cost/benefit analysis and see very little pay off to eating dollar store candy.

I had a dream that a guy I like was feeding me pizza though. Can't deny it, the horror movie pizza thing also from childhood. Can't give it up.

So enjoy that Jello pudding ( I hate Bill Cosby).

It appears to be animal free but the jello you listed isn't something I'd personally call "food".

I made some ice cream the other night. Can't give the measurements, since I just sort of winged it. Adjust fat/oat/water ratio for desired creaminess/consistency and calorie content from fat:

https://veganforum.org/threads/what-did-you-eat-for-dinner-today.1359/page-26#post-15938

Edit: Also if you use peels like I do (no need unless you want t0), before you slice them to freeze wash them as they may contain pesticides if not organic.
I looked at your ice cream recipe. It looks sooooooo yummy!

Why not make your own, I found lots of recipes with just a quick search on the net. The simplest one I found has 3 or 4 ingredients, and the flavours are limited by your imagination.
  • 2 cups white grape juice (or 1 cup white grape juice and 1 cup of water)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons agar powder
Whisk together in a small saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Pour into jello mold and add chopped fruit of your choice. Allow to set in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
Play around with different juices ( wine , or maybe a white rum ) Sorry my imagination is running wild. Think I need to have a gello party now.

Reactions: Veganite