Is Pasta Vegan?

I'm not really worried that the same equipment would be used to process meat products. The equipment usually only makes one type of product, and I don't think you would find a lot of meat being included in the types of food that we would be eating. Pasta is pretty safe, I don't know of any types at the moment that have meat in them.

But, if they ever start making bacon spaghetti, I probably wouldn't eat anymore pasta made from that brand.

I found a small piece of egg shell in some sausage mix, once. No egg in the ingredients......I don't mind that much.:shrug:

I think in the US, egg must be listed if it is an ingredient. You'd have to read the ingredient list. But often, at the end of the list, there is a further list (usually in boldface) warning that the food contains egg, milk, soy, wheat, or a few other things.

I'm not that familiar with kosher labeling, but that's another system where anything containing milk or meat must be labeled. At least some sea animals are also forbidden. But I think eggs and some other foods of animal origin are considered neutral (pareve?) and might not be clearly identified.