Handhelds iPhone

Has anyone upgraded to iOS 8 yet?
Me.

iOS8_zps789d6d59.jpg

So far, so good. I've noticed some subtle additions. More importantly, though, the phone still works--not that I had any doubts.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
I am so scared of upgrades. I have a 4s and never upgraded to iOS 7 because of the horror stories I was hearing. And now I can't because it says I don't have enough storage left. :( I deleted a whole bunch of stuff but it must be my music and photos eating it all up. I will be forced, at some point, to get a new phone. I don't want to. Boo hoo.

I am so scared of upgrades. I have a 4s and never upgraded to iOS 7 because of the horror stories I was hearing. And now I can't because it says I don't have enough storage left. :( I deleted a whole bunch of stuff but it must be my music and photos eating it all up. I will be forced, at some point, to get a new phone. I don't want to. Boo hoo.
I had the same problem with my 5s. If you connect your phone to your computer, you can upgrade through iTunes, and the PC or Mac will take the brunt of the download. I didn't know this until after I deleted a bunch of music.

My wife and I both had the iPhone 4s for a while and just upgraded them last week, she is getting the iPhone 6 when it arrives and I got the Samsung Galaxy 5.

After having the Galaxy 5 for only a week, I have to say that I prefer it much more than the iPhone and wish that I had made the switch a long time ago.

The battery life isn't as good since upgrading to iOS 8. It's my understanding that future updates will right this terrible wrong.

Last edited:
After deleting a bunch more stuff to free up storage and having it not help much at all, I got the bright idea of deleting my text messages which I never do. I had a ton of them, many of which had pictures and video attachments in them. Voila! I went from almost zero storage left to 4.5 GB! :starshower:

Reactions: ledboots
I'm going to do it...ios8...I'M SO SCARED!!!!!

On second thought I think I won't... Just googled and found this:

Update: It's only taken a day to find out that updating to iOS 8 on the iPhone 4S is a bad idea. Performance is significantly worse, with some loads speeds over a second longer. Individually this isn't a huge problem, but the combination of lots of slower loading speeds leads to a sluggish experience. Several users have reported serious bugs on the iPhone 4S, too, suggesting it's a bad idea to make this update. The same goes for the iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch 5.

On second thought I think I won't... Just googled and found this:

Update: It's only taken a day to find out that updating to iOS 8 on the iPhone 4S is a bad idea. Performance is significantly worse, with some loads speeds over a second longer. Individually this isn't a huge problem, but the combination of lots of slower loading speeds leads to a sluggish experience. Several users have reported serious bugs on the iPhone 4S, too, suggesting it's a bad idea to make this update. The same goes for the iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod touch 5.
Yes my daughter has the IPhone 4s, and she is not updating for those reasons. ^^

I've had my 4s for almost three years. I'm itching for a new one. Is the 6 or 6 plus even available? It looks like they are on back order.

Thanks, Spang...apparently the 16s are available but not the 64 or 128s.