Introvert or Extrovert?

kim1984

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Always curious to know on forums who here would consider themselves an introvert, and who would consider themselves an extrovert?

I think I'm pretty introverted. Once I know someone well, it's fine...but I tend to be a little shy to start with, and I hate big group get togethers and trying to think of stuff to say!

Also I very much feel the need to be able to recharge my batteries when I have been around people for long stretches of time.

What about you?

I little of both; In a work situation I can seem extrovert as that is my role, but I can be introverted when I am not int he company of people I know or like.

In general I would say I was more reserved and can appear introverted, but that's only because I am in a situation that I would rather not be in. I'm not an extrovert, but I can be 60% extrovert and 40% introvert and they can switch over depending on my mood.

I think most people are a bit of both actually. I'm an introvert for sure.. people exhaust me lol. but I also love crowds and socializing.. just don't make me center of attention or lay a lot of small talk on me. Like you, I'm also shy at first.. I hate talking about myself (because I'm usually quite different than whomever I'm talking too.. veganism, homeschooling, etc.. so I get a lot of "the look lol) but once it's all out there and we don't need to "get to know you", I'm fine. I do prefer to be at home and in peace and quiet though. I get more out of it.

I'm a mix, I guess. I'm pretty extroverted with people I know well or people that I'm friends with. However, often when I'm with people that I'm not familiar with or I haven't met before, I find it pretty awkward and uncomfortable. I'm not fully extroverted nor introverted, it totally depends on where I am and who I'm with.

I'm more of a introvert. I have always been pretty shy when it comes to people that I don't know. Once I know you though, I will be more of an extrovert. When I'm in a situation where I'm not familiar then I'm a total introvert. That is how I've alwyas been. I do wish that I was more outgoing though.

I'm more of a introvert. I have always been pretty shy when it comes to people that I don't know. Once I know you though, I will be more of an extrovert. When I'm in a situation where I'm not familiar then I'm a total introvert. That is how I've alwyas been. I do wish that I was more outgoing though.

I often wish that I was more outgoing too. I feel like it would be a whole lot easier to connect with people if I could be outgoing right away, rather than having to hope they'll open up to me and then I'll slowly but surely feel more comfortable around them!

I used to be very introverted and shy person until I was 15 years old and saw my birthday party go ignored as I had not really friends nor classmates wanting to attend.

Then I decided that enough was enough and slowly began to be participant in classroom and from here onward, I turned myself into an extroverted person to date.

I often wish that I was more outgoing too. I feel like it would be a whole lot easier to connect with people if I could be outgoing right away, rather than having to hope they'll open up to me and then I'll slowly but surely feel more comfortable around them!

I'm the same way. I just keep hoping that someone will come up to me and talk first. I'm sure that's going through a lot of people's minds to be honest. I think that it would make life easier if I decided to open up to them first.