News In Vegan News Today

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
So much vegan news lately. I've been sort of lax about bringing it up here. ( I let that whole Dairy Queen Vegan Dilly Bar thing get right by us).

So maybe I'll just post a quick list of headlines. For right now I'll not bother with links but let me know if you want/need them

Seems like vegan meat is finding more products.

Prego announced a new Vegan Meat Sauce for pasta.

El Pollo Loco has reformulated their "Chickenless Pollo"*

Gardein debuts a line of canned soups that have PB meats.

Avocadomilk has reformulated its avocado and oat milk without honey to make it vegan.

Starbucks has a new line of flavored vegan coffee creamers

Trader Joes's has a vegan Ceasar salad dressing and a vegan strawberry oat milk ice cream

Dr. Praeger's Oaties are vegan and gluten-free. I guess these are like French Toast Sticks (like you get at BKs). They look to be like something kids could eat in the car while they get driven to school. Maybe healthier? There appears to be a syrup-like dipping sauce in the box which makes me think the kids get to school sticky.

*Does anyone else find this to be a weird name. Shouldn't it be pollo-free pollo?

I'm really excited for the Gardein soups and Starbucks creamer. I was eyeing the Starbucks creamer like "why can't you be vegan", now they make them vegan :)
Avocado milk sounds interesting, I'll have to give it a try. Avocados are pretty neutral tasting and creamy when added in stuff like desserts, so I'm guessing it would make a nice, creamy chocolate milk.
It's nice that Trader Joe's makes vegan ceaser, not sure if it will beat Daiya though. Love their "honey" mustard the most.
There's not an El Pollo Loco for hours, not where I'm currently at (Mississippi) or even at mom's (Illinois) :( You'd think there'd at least be one in Chicago, but I guess they just have different chicken places. Seems like it's only in the Texas area, I might have to go to the Houston airport to go home, so that's the only chance I'll have at trying it.

Last edited:
So much vegan news lately. I've been sort of lax about bringing it up here. ( I let that whole Dairy Queen Vegan Dilly Bar thing get right by us).

So maybe I'll just post a quick list of headlines. For right now I'll not bother with links but let me know if you want/need them

Seems like vegan meat is finding more products.

Prego announced a new Vegan Meat Sauce for pasta.

El Pollo Loco has reformulated their "Chickenless Pollo"*

Gardein debuts a line of canned soups that have PB meats.

Avocadomilk has reformulated its avocado and oat milk without honey to make it vegan.

Starbucks has a new line of flavored vegan coffee creamers

Trader Joes's has a vegan Ceasar salad dressing and a vegan strawberry oat milk ice cream

Dr. Praeger's Oaties are vegan and gluten-free. I guess these are like French Toast Sticks (like you get at BKs). They look to be like something kids could eat in the car while they get driven to school. Maybe healthier? There appears to be a syrup-like dipping sauce in the box which makes me think the kids get to school sticky.

*Does anyone else find this to be a weird name. Shouldn't it be pollo-free pollo?
I found out Trader Joes also has new vegan cheddar slices and cashew based mozz shreds! AND--a tub of vegan mac and chese!

I'd love to try the strawberry oat milk ice cream

...and vegans have to be on their toes more than ever. Plant based offerings can be all vegan, but not described as vegan because it seems vegan gives a bad vibe--so you have to check. And.,...plant based can mean blended with animal stuff and not even vegetarian, because I guess that would give off bad vibes ? :fp:

Funny thing: When I lived in Santa Monica, there was an El Pollo Loco close by. My family and I stopped there a few times, but I wouldn’t eat the chicken and I thought the side dishes were too salty, so I never got anything there on my own. Eventually they closed and was replaced by a Fuddrucker’s. I checked the Fuddrucker’s menu and didn’t see anything interesting, so nothing changed; I didn’t bother going in. Besides, there was a Veggie Grill not too far away. Now that we’ve both moved away from Santa Monica, EPL suddenly has veggie options. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Of course they DO have a location in Agoura Hills, but I’m not going to restaurants right now. 🤨

Even before I was vegan I never went to an EPL. Not sure why. There is one a few miles away and maybe if they do have pollo-free chicken I'll go check it out. Post CV of course.