I'm new to veganism...what do you typically eat in a day

Breakfasts
________

Simple, cheap: oatmeal with peanut butter, sometimes with maple syrup, and soy or hemp milk

Quick: Whole grain toast with hummus and tomatoes, or avocado and nooch (nutritional yeast)

Big: vegan sausages and fried potatoes (with ketchup or bbq sauce, sometimes with juice on the side)

Fancy: vegan french toast or restaurant meals (like tofu scrambles with vegan biscuit and gravy)

Lunch
_______

Easy:
smashed chickpeas with avocado and lime juice, salted, on sandwich bread with dill or cilantro; piece of fruit

Medium: Hot soup with a green salad with veggies, tofu, seeds and dressing, and crackers

Terrible: Clif bar or granola bar (better than being hungry!)

Other: refried beans w/ rice and guacamole (I live in California); pasta dishes; ramen noodles; bean burrito; veggie dog

Snacks

Cheap:
pumpkin seeds, dried fruit, saltine crackers, sunflower seeds, nut butter, in-season fresh fruit

Pricey but fast: Clif or granola bars; packets of fancy vegan chocolate hazelnut butter; chocolates; fancy fruits; fancy juices or smoothies; muffins; cookies; etc.

Other: hummus and raw veggies; cold cereal (like Special K Red Berries) w/soy or hemp milk; avocado w/salt; nuts

Dinners
_________

Cheap, easy:
pasta with oil, marinara and nooch; rice with beans and frozen or canned veg; ramen w/ peanut butter, soy sauce, Sriracha and lime juice (I really love this dish); split pea soup w/ toast; avocado toast w/nooch and tomato

Pricier, easy: Daiya mac 'n cheez boxes; take-out from restaurants (pad Thai, burritos, veggie dogs, vegan sushi, Vietnamese pho, kale and mushroom hand pies, tempeh or seitan sandwiches, veggie burger w/french fries, vegan pizza, etc.)

Fancy: Have a look around, if you know how to cook, the possibilities are almost endless

I've given some general examples from my life based on my time management and income at the moment. Right now I'm learning to eat on a budget so come back in six weeks and I might have better answers for budget meals.

Here are some examples. If you don't like them, ask others, or look online. Mine are example of easy to prepare things with little cooking or imagination. Of course, if you like to cook, you can do better than this.

Breakfast

Mushroom + tomato + toast/bread

Fruit

Cereal

Lunch/Dinner

Pasta + veg + peppers

Rice + veg

Soy/lentil Burger + chips

Black bean burrito/tacos (I like sweetcorn in mind, or rice, or lettuce, avocado, tomata etc) + salad

Jacket potato + whatever you like

Vegetable lasagna

Sandwiches: vegan cheese with either tomato, onion or lettuce

Breakfast
Cereal with almond milk , toast with vegemite, flat bread with hummus, left overs from the day before. fried mushrooms onions and garlic with a slice of tomato and capsicum wrapped in a lettuce leaf.
Lunch
Sandwiches, soup, salad, refried beans, bean casserole, fruit platter, leftovers, stir fry, vegie burger
Dinner
curry Indian or Thai. roast veg, pizza, pasta, soup, ratatouille, stir fry, tacos, rice fried or steamed,
Lots of fruit and nuts for snacks

What do you eat in a day?[/QUOTE
today I ate avocado on toast with garlic mushroom and herbs
lunch, I made my own pasta, which was tortellini, with red pepper and spinach and a tomat and basil homemade sauce
for dinner, I am having, vegan quorn fillets, with mash potato, and veg, the gravy I am making from vegan boulle which I got from planet organic.
I have prepped lunch for tomorrow which is sweet potato, and red pepper soup, which also contains carrots, onions and to make it creamy I used white potatoes so lovely. `I have a French stick and avocado oil spread.
I also like for lunch, rice, vegan quorn bits, peas and also sweet chilli.
to be honest with you I eat such a variety I would be here all day listing things.
becoming vegan, I have also discovered foods I never even new existed and now love. xx

I always have porridge with fresh pair chopped through it for breakfast. Lunch is mostly homemade soup and some bread, I occasionally have pasta or rice left over from the night before. Dinner is whatever I feel like that night really, I like making my own pizza, I stay clear of vegan cheese, just don't like it. Oh and I love chestnut mushroom and spinach wellington.

Great question, I typically eat a protein smoothie for breakfast, a big salad with tofu for lunch and then the world is your oyster at dinner time! I love to make a delicious curry, pasta, risotto etc.

Last edited by a moderator: