I'm always hungry!!

Alyssa V

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi everyone, I'm trying out veganism and I have been vegan for about a week. I haven't had too much difficulty with the switch from a "typical" American diet considering I already ate fairly healthy to begin with. However, I feel like I'm always hungry! When I'm eating a meal, I feel full and satiated and then two hours later my stomach is grumbling again... I don't know what to do! I also work out every day for at least an hour so that could have something to do with it?

Eat more protein and starchy foods that will keep you full longer. I get hungry every few hours but it doesn't really bother me. Vegan diets have considerably less calories than the typical american diet.

Take a look at the variety of carbohydrates you are eating. I'm not sure what specific foods you are eating, but it is common to experience hunger soon after eating meals with mainly higher glycemic carbohydrates. Are you eating a lot of fruit?

Try and get more brown rice (not white, cause you'll just feel hungrier), cruciferous veggies and nightshades (like sweet potato) in your diet and you'll find fewer calories feels you up more! :)

Larger portions are required, or add snacks. You might even experriment with 4 meals a day.

Meals should include some filling things like beans, rice, pasta and bread not just fruit, vegetables and salad.

Reactions: Emma JC