I was told I am an idiot today.

Well, some vegans can be as annoying and pushy as those religious people who knock on doors, or scream on street corners.

Last time a Jehovah Witness knocked at my door we had a good chat, not about their way of life but he was from England like me. He sez he didn't like Canada, haha! what a fool, we talk about normal things. Another time I was downtown and a Hara Krishna devotee game me one of their magazines, so a day or so a JW knocked on my door, he gave me a Watchtower magazine and I told him to wait a moment and brought out the Krishna mag, haha! he ran away.

I knew (not personally) a fellow in Vancouver who would shout Bible stuff outside something like and Expo, he seemed cool, wasn't annoying.

92648325_2552916234962884_2465606807553310720_n.jpg

Maybe I should send this picture to him. We call talk about all the research in the world about vegan diets. Still, I think one picture is worth a thousand research studies.

JimMorrisVERT300.jpg

• Friendly
Reactions: thinman and silva
Maybe I should send this picture to him. We call talk about all the research in the world about vegan diets. Still, I think one picture is worth a thousand research studies.

View attachment 22505

Someone who judges you so superficially is not going to look deeply into anything. He's not worth your time.

Geez... What a bad case... :tinfoilhat: All that you described above, can point at slight bipolar disorder in your "friend". I saw a few individuals who had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and their behaviour somewhat matched the symptoms that you described. However, it's impossible to tell with accuracy, because there is very little info about his escapades. But the only thing that became clear to me is that your friend needs professional help (not sure of which kind), and he needs to be left alone: IF he's bipolar, he will simply calm down,- not because he forgets, but because his perception of the fight(s) with you will change with time.
Unless you’re a doctor, I wouldn’t recommend you saying that. I am a Bipolar vegan and I never act like that

Unless you’re a doctor, I wouldn’t recommend you saying that. I am a Bipolar vegan and I never act like that
Thanks for having the courage to say this outloud. There are lots of stigma's around mental illness but we need more people to stand up and say something.

Nimai-Delgado-Profile-768x768.jpg

Nimai Delgado, vegan bodybuilder

Nimai grew up in Mississippi raised by Argentinian-immigrant Hare Krishna parents. He has been vegetarian since birth, initially for religious reasons, and has never eaten meat.

It wasn’t until 2015 that Nimai went completely vegan, cutting out dairy, eggs, and all other animal products. Many might believe this stunted his growth as a bodybuilder, but it did just the opposite.

He denied using steroids but mentioned DHEA.

Reactions: Hog
As a personal preference, I do not like calling people mentally ill. I prefer to refer to the various mental states of mind as alternative perceptions.

If we get rid of skyzoprenia, then we eliminate the arts. If we get rid rid of autism, then we eliminate science. If we get rid of mental retardation, then we eliminate love.

Similarly, the perceptions of animals are just as valid as humans. We are all earthlings. We were all created by God (or mother nature).

I am not asking anyone to agree me.

Nimai Delgado is a very pretty boy. The girls must swoon when he is near by.

Reactions: thinman
My daughter was taking a Fitness and Nutrition course at a college and we both went to a bodybuilding contest. I enjoyed watching the women but felt strange watching the men. I like working out and get fit but I wouldn't want to be like a bodybuilder, they even look odd at Yoga class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for having the courage to say this outloud. There are lots of stigma's around mental illness but we need more people to stand up and say something.
Excuse me? To say outloud what? Following your logic, i'll need to stand up and say something too. I was diagnosed schizophrenia and kept in a mad house for 5 months, while... surprise: i didn't have any mental illnesses. My life was ruined by stigma and people who chase their own interests and walk on other people's heads. You're not the one to judge. Anyway, idk.

Oh, i see... From now on, if i were you, i would try and avoid such a horrible person like me. I'm (officially) a schizophrenic vegan, and i have a lot of other skeletons in my closet (you wouldn't like to see it in a nightmare). Those poor mites who were (heavily) bipolar, whom i saw in the mad house and whom i was stuck with in a cage within 5 months, were less lucky than you. They acted not only like how i described, but much worse. I feel so ashamed about our healthcare. But a lot more ashamed i feel about some insanely judgemental people. Period.

That is a true statement. I hear people making statements about others even though they have no medical background.
Does a 10-year life experience count? And a life with mentally ill people of all kinds under one roof? Who's making statements now? Life is full of surprises, and not all of them are sugar. Sometimes, being judged about certain issues, brings you back into the hell that you've made a big effort to get out of. An effort that cost you your life. It costs you nothing to type a message, but the hell that accompanies someone along his life, is always here, ready to pop up at every minute, waiting for a trigger. That's why compassionate people avoid quick conclusions.

Does a 10-year life experience count? And a life with mentally ill people of all kinds under one roof? Who's making statements now? Life is full of surprises, and not all of them are sugar. Sometimes, being judged about certain issues, brings you back into the hell that you've made a big effort to get out of. An effort that cost you your life. It costs you nothing to type a message, but the hell that accompanies someone along his life, is always here, ready to pop up at every minute, waiting for a trigger. That's why compassionate people avoid quick conclusions.
Well all I will say is that I certainly agree the behaviour signals a mental issue, coming from someone who is purports to be a friend, it is quite bizarre,
But anyway, I don't understand why people are jumping on this distinction. It's hardly as if anyone is making "judgements", and good for those who have been diagnosed and keep it in control!

Reactions: Val
I think that many of us have experienced this kind of craziness . . . people are scared of anything that they feel is not "normal". By normal it usually is what they are used to, their culture and/or upbringing. As a vegan since 1974, I have heard it all. "You are weak, ignorant, you will die, animals were put here for us to eat, tofu tastes like dirty socks (how would they know?), you are a subversive, you are mal nourished, et all. It just rolls off now . . . but being engaged by an angry person spewing expletives' can be very distressing. I have been physically threatened while touring Texas as a vegan performing artists in the 80s. I believe that their intolerance is merely a reflection of them, not me. Not all vegans are skinny or weak . . . the decision to become vegan reflects a personal choice that goes beyond body type. Thin or overweight has nothing to do with choosing what you believe is the right thing! Stay strong!!

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom L. and Val
A friend pressured me to say why I was vegan today. I said that from my experience, eating meat and dairy never seems to work out well for the animal. I also said I have seen too many working farms to believe otherwise.

My friend told me that vegans are pushy and ignorant. He said that milking cows does not hurt the animal. He also recommended drinking certified humane organic milk.

I really was not interested in changing his mind. I even paid for his non-vegan lunch.

He ended the conversation by hollering "F. Y." in front of everyone at the food court in the mall. He did not even touch his plate of chicken at the mall. He simply walked away from us without touching his food.

I think the guy is prejudiced against vegans. Am I correct?

I know the guy is going through very difficult times. Still, I do not see the big deal about me not eating animal products.

The guy even suggested that I am not a real vegan because I am 30 pounds overweight. He said that vegans are always skinny.
People get very defensive when they feel confronted with the idea the choices they make that seem so normal and harmless to them, might not be the right ones. When I was a kid I was vegetarian, and I remember there were sooo many times when my friends would start debates with me about why I didn't eat animals. I never initiated conversations about my beliefes. It's because people feel insecure about their choices essentaily.