I have 3 Aubergines

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
3 aubergines.jpg

I bought these (1kg) aubergines at the market this morning.

I would like to make an aubergine bake in my slow cooker.

What other suggestions would you have ?

Baba ganoush - one of my favourite Lebanese dishes.

Edit: aubergine = eggplant in North America. Thought I should mention that as they don't look like the ordinary kind of aubergines / eggplants.

Last edited:
Reactions: ledboots
I love Asian eggplant in garlic sauce. I tried it in a restaurant once, after years of eying it curiously on menus and then choosing something else instead. I was hooked. Now I always order it when I see it offered. The aubergines you have would work well, since they look like one of the varieties that have thinner skin, not like the giant purple ones, which are much tougher.

I love Asian eggplant in garlic sauce. I tried it in a restaurant once, after years of eying it curiously on menus and then choosing something else instead. I was hooked. Now I always order it when I see it offered. The aubergines you have would work well, since they look like one of the varieties that have thinner skin, not like the giant purple ones, which are much tougher.

I must google your suggestion as I have never had Asian style aubergines/eggplants. You're right, the lighter coloured ones have a delicate taste and the flesh is far softer than the darker variety.
I wonder why aubergines aren't very popular as they make the most delicious meals. Not only are they versatile, inexpensive when in season and also very healthy as they have loads of fibre.

I have also seen a aubergine upside tart somewhere on line. Off to investigate……….:p

Last edited:
View attachment 7330

I bought these (1kg) aubergines at the market this morning.

I would like to make an aubergine bake in my slow cooker.

What other suggestions would you have ?
For the future: AJABSANDAL!!! (it translates "What a beauty you are!"). But traditionally it is an abkhazian meal. This is a dish made of aubergines, red bell pepper, tomatoes, garlic, dill, coriander and some spices, whatever you like. P.S.: the pieces of eggplant must be big, so they would taste like meat. Well, but its absolutely up to you. Ajabsandal is a very flexible dish. And its very alike to serbian ajvar...

Last edited:
Reactions: ledboots and Amy SF