I am so upset right now.

Broccoli

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I am so incredibly upset right now. I don't know what I was thinking. My boyfriend buys protein shakes & I used to drink them too before I went vegan. Today, I just went in the fridge & grabbed one & drank it all. My boyfriend got home & asked if I drank one & when I said yes he just said 'you know those aren't vegan, right?'....My heart completely sank. This was the first time they've been in the house since I've gone vegan & I guess I just saw it & thought oh I haven't had one of these in a while & just drank it. I totally would have known they weren't vegan if I just gave it a second to think about or read the label. I don't think I ever would have even gave it a second thought if he didn't say anything to me. I feel so defeated & I just want to cry. This is a horrible feeling.

Reactions: Jessica and JoannaM
Hi Broccoli (nice name!)
So you made a mistake. I won't say "Forget it". Instead I'll say "Remember it and learn from it." That's how we learn. We make a mistake. We are sorry. And then we remember not to do that again. You're not a machine. You're human. Making mistakes comes with the territory. It's HOW we learn.
So you're learning! That's good!
Buy yourself some soya protein powder, so you can make a vegan shake next time. Don't beat yourself up because of a mistake. I doubt if you'll do that again.
Tell your BF to forget the drinks made from whey powder. Soya is much better. He could save money buying the powder too instead of ready-made drinks. Is he lazy?
Good luck.

Reactions: Jessica
I am so incredibly upset right now. I don't know what I was thinking. My boyfriend buys protein shakes & I used to drink them too before I went vegan. Today, I just went in the fridge & grabbed one & drank it all. My boyfriend got home & asked if I drank one & when I said yes he just said 'you know those aren't vegan, right?'....My heart completely sank. This was the first time they've been in the house since I've gone vegan & I guess I just saw it & thought oh I haven't had one of these in a while & just drank it. I totally would have known they weren't vegan if I just gave it a second to think about or read the label. I don't think I ever would have even gave it a second thought if he didn't say anything to me. I feel so defeated & I just want to cry. This is a horrible feeling.

You didn't do that on purpose. Don't beat yourself up about it. You are doing your best and a million times more than most people. You're a guardian angel to animals and that's your defining feature. :kissing_heart:

Hi Broccoli,
It's an honest mistake. Don't feel too bad about it. There aren't that many top quality vegan RTD's out there. Do you use a vegan protein powder to make protein shakes normally? If so, what kind do you use?

We all make these sorts of mistakes. I accidentally bought something with palm oil in it recently because i knew the item was vegan and didn't bother to read any further. Now Im going to be even more careful about reading ingredient lists. Simply learn from your mistake. Don't beat yourself up. Ps- garden of Life makes an excellent high protein vegan shake.

You didn't mean to do that so don't feel too bad. Let that serve as a lesson to you.

Keep your spirits up!

Move on. It happens. I found out that this place I used to eat guacamole at used a dairy product in the making of the guacamole. I just stopped eating their guacamole.